The mission of Campus Security is to provide a safe, secure environment consistent with the educational goals of this diverse institution, to enhance the well-being of students, faculty, staff and visitors, and to protect all College property.
The Coordinator of Security works in partnership with the Craven County Sheriff’s Department and its designated resource officer to:
- Safeguard the College campus from theft and damage through routine patrol
- Protect students, employees and visitors and their property from harm through crisis intervention and conflict resolution
- Provide assistance at accidents and other emergencies
- Take reports of criminal actions, notify and coordinate with the resource officer or local law enforcement agencies as appropriate
- Investigate suspicious or unusual activity that occurs on the College campus
- Enforce College rules and regulations
For more information, see the Student Handbook.
The Campus Security Department is located in the Student Center across from the student lounge on the New Bern campus.
Main Phone: (252) 638-7261 (weekdays)
Backup Phone: (252) 670-9915 (Friday evenings, weekends and holidays)
New Bern Resource Officer Matt Scott can be reached directly at 229-4667.
Havelock Resource Officer Juston Locklear can be reached directly at 634-8349.
If you have an Anonymous Tip for the Craven Community College Security Team, please call the Campus Security Main number (252) 638-7261 or Campus Security Backup number (252) 670-9915 to provide the information.
Report of Crimes Required by the Clery Act (Once at the site, enter Craven Community College for more information.)