These guidelines are intended as an overview on the purpose and goal of social networking associated with administrative, academic or student areas of Craven Community College.
We encourage comments, photos, videos, and links on our social media sites. However, we will review all comments and will remove any that are inappropriate or offensive. We will leave what you share that relates to the subjects covered on this page. Please understand comments posted to this page do not represent the opinions of Craven Community College.
The guidelines pertain to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and other social media tools used at Craven Community College.
NOTE: They do not pertain to pedagogical or academic use of social media.
- Provide information about college events
- Support and enable Marketing efforts
- To create a virtual community
The Craven Community College’s social media sites are intended to provide a place for fans of Craven Community College. All comments, visuals, videos and other type of material posted by fans on this site ("User Content") do not necessarily reflect the opinions or ideals of Craven Community College, its employees or affiliates. Craven Community College (a) does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statement or product claims made here, (b) is not responsible for any User Content on this site, and (c) does not endorse any opinions expressed on this fan page.
Craven Community College expects, however, that users will not post any materials that fall into any of the following categories and may have removed any materials that:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, misleading or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
Select Craven Community College – Facebook to go to the Craven Community College Facebook page for updates and information via .
Select Craven Community College – Twitter to go to the Craven Community College Twitter page for updates and information via .