The Practical Nursing curriculum prepares individuals with the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to children and adults. Students will participate in assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care. Graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN), which is required for practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Employment opportunities include hospitals, rehabilitation/long term care/home health facilities, clinics and physicians’ offices.
The Practical Nursing program begins in the fall.
Nursing Application Dates for Fall 2019 must be must be met by December 31, 2018
Fall 2019 PN Applications will be accepted from September 24 – December 17, 2018.
Application Requirements for Fall 2019 must be met by December 31, 2018
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited/registered high school or a recognized equivalency, such as a GED diploma.
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.50 GPA (not rounded). Craven GPA will be used if an applicant has completed 12 or more uninterrupted semester hours at Craven.
- Complete DRE 096 through DRE 098 by course completion or placement testing and be eligible to enroll in ENG 111.
- Complete DMA 010 through DMA 050 by satisfactory course completion or placement testing.
- A chemistry course in high school or college (CHM 090 or above) with an grade of ‘C’ or higher.
- Must hold a current unrestricted license listing on the NC Registry as a CNA I or higher.
Practical Nursing Application Information – Fall 2019
Practical Nursing application. The application will be available September 24 – December 17, 2018.
If you do not have a Craven Community College student email and password, complete a general admission application. Follow the instructions that you receive in a return email from Admissions to confirm your intent to enroll. You will receive a letter from the Admissions staff with your Craven Community College Student ID number and instructions for accessing your Craven Community College student email, and accessing WebAdvisor, Craven’s student web portal.
Nursing Programs are approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing
Nursing Programs Student Handbook 2017-2018 (PDF)
PN Admission Ratings Worksheet FA2019 (PDF) for a breakdown of how we score applicants for admissions, completed by the Health Program Admissions Specialist.
Funding your Nursing School Education
Scholarships for Nursing Majors
Search Thousands of Entry Level Jobs, Externships, & Scholarship Opportunities on CampusRN.
CampusRN has $15,000 in Scholarships Available to Nursing & Allied Health Students.
For further information, please contact
Admissions Specialist for Health Programs – Jolie Huffman, firstname.lastname@example.org 252-639-2025
Director of Nursing – Tracy Calcutt, email@example.com 252-638-2765