The Practical Nursing curriculum prepares individuals with the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to children and adults. Students will participate in assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care. Graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN), which is required for practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Employment opportunities include hospitals, rehabilitation/long term care/home health facilities, clinics and physicians’ offices.
The Practical Nursing program begins in the fall.
Nursing Application Dates for 2018
Fall 2018 PN Applications will be accepted from September 25 – December 18, 2017.
Application Requirements for Fall 2018
- Be a graduate of an accredited/registered high school or a recognized equivalency, such as a GED diploma.
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.50 GPA (not rounded). All transcripts are required by the end of Fall semester 2017. Craven GPA will be used if an applicant has completed 12 or more semester hours at Craven.
- Complete DRE 096 through DRE 098 by course completion or placement testing and be eligible to enroll in ENG 111 by the end of Fall semester 2017.
- Complete DMA 010 through DMA 050 by satisfactory course completion or placement testing by the end of Fall semester 2017.
- A chemistry course in high school or college (CHM 090 or above) must be completed by the end of Fall 2017 with an earned grade of ‘C’ or higher.
- All applicants must be listed on the NC registry as a CNA I or CNA II by July 31, 2018.
- PN Admission Ratings Worksheet 2018FA
Practical Nursing Application Information – Fall 2018
Click Practical Nursing application to access the online nursing application by using your Craven Community College student email address and password to log in. The application will be available September 25 – December 18, 2017.
To access the application, no other Gmail account can be logged in on your computer or device. If you receive a message saying that you need “permission,” log out of all other Gmail accounts and log in with your Craven student Gmail only.
If you do not have a Craven Community College student email and password, click here to complete a general admission application. Follow the instructions that you receive in a return email from Admissions to confirm your intent to enroll. You will receive a letter from the Admissions staff with your Craven Community College Student ID number and instructions for accessing your Craven Community College student email, and accessing WebAdvisor, Craven’s student web portal.
Nursing Programs are approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing
Search Thousands of Entry Level Jobs, Externships, & Scholarship Opportunities on CampusRN.
CampusRN has $15,000 in Scholarships Available to Nursing & Allied Health Students.
For further information, please contact
Admissions Specialist for Health Programs – Jolie Huffman, firstname.lastname@example.org 252-639-2025
Director of Nursing – Tracy Calcutt, email@example.com 252-638-2765