Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Use It?
- Profile Tab: You can see your contact information on file, your advisor, your current overall GPA and program of study.
- Course Tab: You can see each of your courses with the number of absences and your midterm grade.
- Transcript Tab: You can see an unofficial transcript.
Your Right To Know As A Student
- Faculty do not see flags that have been raised by other faculty members. Flags can only be viewed by you, the faculty member that raised the flag, advisors, and the individuals in the office associated with the flag you received.
- The AVISO system is not punitive. The main goal of using AVISO is to help you be successful during your time at Craven Community College.
- AVISO is protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). Learn more about what FERPA is and the rights it affords you.
What To Do When You Get A Flag
Here are the step(s) you should follow after you have received a Flag:
- Don’t panic! AVISO flags are intended to help you be successful during your time here at Craven Community College.
- Read through the email you receive and follow the suggested steps to take. Suggestions may include:
- Schedule time to meet with your instructor
- Schedule an appointment with your advisor and or a member of the Academic Support Team on campus to get the support you need.
- Follow-up with any necessary individuals, offices, and or tutoring recommended to you.
How To Make An Appointment
- Once you have identified the individual or service you would like to schedule an appointment with in your Success Team, click the “Schedule a Meeting” link located on your home tab.
- Use the small calendar on the left to quickly identify days with available office hours (available days are shown in bold).
- Available time slots on the selected day will include a “Sign Up” link. Click the “Sign Up” link associated with the desired time slot.
- Clicking “Sign Up” opens the Add Appointment form. Complete the form by selecting a reason for the meeting and a course (if relevant). Include an explanation of what you wish to accomplish at the appointment so that your instructor or advisor can be prepared for the meeting.
- Click “Submit” to set the appointment. You will receive an email with the appointment details, and the appointment will be listed on your dashboard.
- To change an upcoming appointment click the “Edit” icon to modify the appointment or the “Cancel” icon (x) to cancel it.
What Is AVISO?
AVISO is a resource that will be utilized by students, faculty, and staff to improve communications, create comprehensive support, advising services, and become a centralized location for feedback, scheduling, and assistance for students.
Why Are We Using AVISO?
Comprehensive and holistic services can be offered to students with ease through AVISO. Communication between advisors, support staff, tutors, instructors and students will be improved by utilizing one location to interface between all areas. Services will become seamless.
What Will This Accomplish?
AVISO will provide a centralized spot for students to receive wrap-around services, which in-turn, will result in higher success at all levels.
AVISO Will Enable:
- Raise flags of concern to the Academic Support Team when needed (Low grades, Absences, etc.).
- Communicate with advisors and support staff when needed.
- Communicate with students to offer feedback and provide kudos for students who do outstanding work.
Advisors & Support Staff To:
- Respond to concern flags raised by instructors.
- Communicate between departments concerning flagged issues.
- Communicate with students concerning flags, appointments, and scheduling services.
- Communicate with advisors and support staff.
- Schedule appointments with faculty and staff
- Receive messages and kudos from instructors.
- Locate resources available to students.
Access Aviso by using your Craven Community College Outlook email and password.
Still Have Questions?
If you still have questions, you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.