- Amount: $1000 per academic year to be distributed as follows
- Any unused balance of the above amounts will be distributed to the recipient on a date set by the business office during the semester. (A recipient is not eligible to receive any unused balance if he/she drops below the required number of class hours.)
- If a recipient fails to be registered as a full-time student either of the two semesters specified above without prior permission, he/she will lose scholarship eligibility. (Mitigation circumstances may be considered by the Director of Resource Development.)
- Programs of Study: All programs of study are eligible except special students.
- Must be a graduation senior from a Craven county high school.
- Grade Point Average Requirements: Must have a cumulative grade point average of 80 or above at the end of the first semester of the senior year.
A lesser grade can be considered if there are extenuating circumstances which are satisfactorily explained in a letter of recommendation from your counselor or teacher.
- Must attend Craven Community College.
- The scholarship committee may require a personal interview prior to final selection of candidates.
Scholarship Retention Criteria
- Must be a full-time student (12 credit hours or more) for the duration of each semester. (Mitigation circumstances may be considered by the Director of Resource Development.)
- Grade Point Average: must maintain an overall 2.5 cumulative quality point average.
Students who do not meet the minimum quality point average will be given a grace period of one semester to meet the requirement.
- First-year recipients may be eligible to apply for a foundation scholarship for a second year of study provided all scholarship requirements are met the prior year.
- Must have received credit for a minimum of 24 semester hours.
- A letter of request to renew the scholarship must be received by the Financial Aid office no later than May 1.
- Application deadline is April 30, 2015
- You must submit an official high school transcript and three letters of recommendation with application.
Submit application, official transcripts and letters of recommendation to:
Carolyn S. Ward,Financial Aid Advisor II
Craven Community College
800 College Court
New Bern, NC 28562
Recommendation letters should reflect motivation, attitude and general concern for your fellow man. These letters must come from individuals who have directly observed the applicant in school and community activities.