Google Apps at Craven Community College
Now you can have Google-powered email, calendars, and document sharing.
All from your @student.cravencc.edu account.
Keep your Craven Community College email address, but use Google´s advanced email interface – without ads. It comes with a very powerful spam filter and 7 gigabytes of storage.
Create and share documents, spreadsheets, and presentations online, and download them to your favorite desktop applications. Great for collaborative projects, in and out of the classroom.
Organize your life – keep a calendar for yourself, share calendars with your friends.
As Google develops new tools, Craven Community College and Google will collaborate to bring them to you.
About Student Email (Gmail) Account
- Increased data storage (25 Gigabytes)
- Friendly, easy to use interface
- Craven Community College’s official means of communication
- Phased approach for other Google Tools
In addition, to enhanced and web-based email with your http://gmail.student.cravencc.edu account, you get a few more tools as well.
- With Google Calendar, you can schedule your social and academic life, create personal calendars, invite friends to events, and set up meeting times with your classmates.
- Docs is great for working on group projects. You can create a document or spreadsheet, share it with your classmates, and collaborate in real-time, from the convenience of your house or dorm.
- Access to your information from anywhere with an internet connection. You can also access your email with a mobile device.
We recommend book marking the following page(s) so you can easily login to your email account and the other Google services:
- Email: http://gmail.student.cravencc.edu Or http://www.gmail.google.com/a/student.cravencc.edu
- Calendar: http://www.google.com/calendar/a/student.cravencc.edu
- Docs: http://docs.google.com/a/student.cravencc.edu
Accessing your Student Email (Gmail) Account
Your username is the same as in WebAdvisor plus “@student.cravencc.edu”.
Your initial password will be your birth date: MMDDYYYY.
- Go to Gmail login at http://gmail.student.cravencc.edu/
- Enter your username and @student.cravencc.edu
example: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (depending on when you submitted your application)
- Enter your initial Password
- On initial login you will be prompted to change your password.
When changing your password, it can be any combination of letters and numbers, but it must be at least (8) characters in length.
- You will also be prompted to set up your Password Recovery. View directions on how to set up Password Recovery
NOTE: If you do not see the user name and password box click on the add account button and follow steps 2 and 3.