The College’s IT department operates under NC State Information Security Manual Standards.
Section 020101 states that:
Only authorized users shall be granted access to Information Systems and the principle of least privilege shall be used and enforced. Documented semi-annual review of users’ rights is required.
Forms are delivered to each area’s administrative assistant. To comply with this requirement, each employee and their supervisor must carefully review the access, making notes of any security class or specific mnemonic that needs to be removed. These changes should be communicated via email to the System Administrator.
Note: You and your supervisor are attesting that you have only the rights you need, and no more, that are required to complete your job duties.
Data owners must review each form and make notes on the Colleague Authorization Form of any security class or mnemonics in security classes that should be changed. These changes should be communicated via email to the System Administrator.
- Registrar – for Curriculum Records only
- Manager of Workforce Development Administration & Operations – For Workforce Development Records only
- Director of Financial Services and Purchasing – For Financial Records only
Each user in Colleague is assigned a unique account, normally last name, first initial. Users are assigned multiple security classes. Most security classes are assigned to multiple users, depending on job function. Security classes contain multiple mnemonics.
To aid in understanding this process, use the links to determine the specific mnemonics in each security class.
Mnemonics in Security Classes by Application
Click on the appropriate application to view all security classes with detailed information on each mnemonic in that security class.
- UT – Utilities – mostly used by programmers and administrators
- CORE – Information that is shared between the other applications, for example, name and address.
- CF – College Financials – General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Budgeting, etc.
- HR – Human Resources, including payroll.
- ST – Student Information – Registration, Records, Financial Aid, etc.
Forms are to be completed by the last business day of March and September. This requires six weeks before then for activities. In order to accomplish this, the following schedule has been established. These weeks will all start on a Monday.
- Week 1 – Forms will be delivered to the administrative assistants for distribution.
- Week 2 – Administrative assistants will have distributed to the different areas to be returned to that area.
- Week 3 – All forms are due to the registrar (curriculum) or Manager of Workforce Development Administration and Operations (WFD) to review as the “data owner”.
- Week 4 – All forms are due to the Director of Financial Services and Purchasing to review as the “data owner”.
- Week 5 – All forms are due back to the System Administrator to review for missing forms.
- Week 6 – All forms have been collected.