How to Pick a Proper Password
With the ever-changing technology landscape, keeping ahead of cybercriminals who want to steal your personal data is more crucial than ever. One of the ways to minimize your risk is the use of proper passwords. By following the tips listed below, you will be taking important steps in not only protecting your personal data, but the personal data of everyone in your organization.
- Make your password long – 14 characters is a minimum, but consider going longer.
- Use a different password for each account you have.
- Do not use family names, pet names, or anything that could easily be guessed as part of your password.
- Consider using a passphrase.
- Use a password manager, such as KeePass.
Watch this 2-minute tutorial for ideas on creating good passwords