Exploring Greece and Its Islands
Featuring Athens, Delphi, Olympa, Mycenae, Mykonos and Santorini
May 20 to June 3, 2018 – 15 Day Tour
The Lifetime Learning Center is pleased to announce Exploring Greece and Its Islands, an International Travel and Learn Adventure. This comprehensive journey explores Greece’s most important ancient monuments, including the famed Temple of Zeus, the incredible Acropolis in Athens, the archeological site of Olympia and ancient artifacts of Delphi.
During this 15-day tour we will also explore the excavations of the ancient city at Akrotiri, described by many as the most important prehistoric settlement found anywhere in the Eastern Mediterranean. We’ll learn the history of this fascinating country from local experts on fully guided tours through Athens, Meteora, Delphi, Olympia and Corinth.
Exploring Greece – at a glance
- Join a local expert to explore Athens and its famed sites.
- Visit two breathtaking Byzantine monasteries in Metéora, built over 600 years ago.
- Tour the Delphi Museum with its priceless collection of ancient artifacts.
- Experience traditional Greek music with a delightful Greek dance class.
- Explore the grandeur of Olympia, birthplace of the Olympic games.
- Journey through Mykonos, the jewel of the Cyclades Islands.
- Feast on local food and wine at a traditional “taverna.”
- Partake in a Mediterranean cooking experience followed by a traditional lunch.
- Sample the finest wines in Greece during a winery tour in Santorini.