Announcing the Golden LEAF Scholars Program for the 2014-2015 School Year.
Golden LEAF Scholars Program for Two-Year Colleges is funded through a grant from the Golden LEAF Foundation, a nonprofit organization established in 1999 to help transform North Carolina’s economy. The scholars program provides funds up to $750 per semester for curriculum students and up to $250 for occupational education students.
To be eligible, a community college student must:
- Be a permanent resident of one of the 78 eligible counties as designated by the Golden LEAF Foundation.
- Show financial need.
- Degree seeking students must be enrolled at least half-time for a full award. Less than half-time students may be considered pending the availability of funds.
Finalists meeting all the eligibility criteria will undergo a separate “merit” competition. Selection is based on:
- The effect of the decline in the tobacco industry on his or her family
- The effect of the declining economy on his or her family
- Academic record
- Overall evaluation of the application
- Leadership and community service
Begin accepting applications for fall semester –September 08, 2014
Fall Deadline to turn in application and waiver forms- October 20, 2014
Begin accepting applications for spring semester –January 05, 2015
Spring Deadline to turn in application and waiver forms- February 27, 2015