The next president of Craven Community College will be an energetic leader whose career has reflected success in a number of areas. He or she will be expected to:
- Serve as a strong advocate for Craven Community College and sustain and enhance its position as a leading institution of higher education.
- Maintain as the top priority the success of all students at the college, including those enrolled in workforce and transfer programs; be engaged with students, faculty, and staff.
- Promote long and short-term planning initiatives in concert with internal and external constituents;
- Maintain awareness and understanding of regional and national trends in community colleges: guide efforts in successfully identifying and implementing programs and services that address the challenges facing the College, its students, and the community.
- Encourage and develop innovative ideas that support educational, civic, and economic growth and development.
- Embrace emerging technologies that enhance student learning and the overall effectiveness of the College.
- Encourage and celebrate diversity and inclusion in all forms; value diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions as an institutional strength.
- Understand and navigate the needs of multiple constituency groups. Direct strong, collaborative relationships through regular, direct contact with internal and external college stakeholders, including the Board of Trustees, the Foundation Board, faculty, staff, students, alumni, community members, the business community, K-12 and higher education partners, and civic leaders.
- Manage the operating and capital budgets in a transparent manner based upon mission, vision and values of the College. Identify and introduce alternative methods to increase funding and position the College to thrive: cultivate and attract public and private funds by connecting with key corporate and business leaders, public officials, and prospective donors.