Scholarships and Grants
Financial assistance may be available based on financial need, employment status, or course selection. These include:
Workforce Development Opportunity Scholarship
- Based on financial need
- $180 registration award for select credential programs
Golden Leaf Scholarships
- Based on financial need and county of residence
- For select Health programs
Target Assistance Program (TAP)
- For high demand/low enrollment programs
- Requires student match which varies by program
Craven Community College Foundation Scholarships
- Veteran Scholarship pays 90% of career-related courses up to $350 award
- Needs-Based General Scholarship of $180
State Employees Credit Union (SECU) Foundation Scholarship
- $500 award for CDL & FAA courses
- Target groups: unemployed/underemployed adults, military veteran/spouse, NC National Guard Members & underserved populations
Project Skill Up Scholarship
- Agriculture Studies award of $180 for Veterinary Assisting
- Requires student match of $21.60
Finish Line Grant
- Covers financial emergencies such as medical costs, emergency childcare, car repairs, or alternative transportation
- Enrolled students with 50% or more completion & good standing
- Limit of $1,000 per student per term
Craven Community College’s Workforce Development has three GI Bill approved programs:
- Commercial Driver License
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Exam Prep
- HVAC Training
If you are a veteran eligible for the Post 9/11 or Montgomery GI Bill, courses are paid for by the GI Bill. Check out possible Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) benefit while attending your course. To get signed up for the GI Bill, go to va.gov.
Program Classes are scheduled at the Religious Community Services Annex (RCS). The STEP Job Readiness Boot Camp Program is a collaborative training effort led by Craven Community College (Craven CC) Workforce Development Center. Participants will be registered Craven CC students, earn continuing education units (CEUs), and have their program participation reflected on continuing education transcripts.
Students in the STEP Program Classes qualify for financial assistance from RCS Scholar Dollars Program or other assistance from Craven Community College.
Career & Employment Readiness
If you are unemployed, underemployed, or facing a layoff, you probably qualify for a waiver to take one or more of our Career & Employment Readiness classes.
Small Business Center
There is NO cost to our Small Business Center workshops and confidential counseling. The SBC also provides free professional office space with a computer, Internet access and small conference table. We assist with business planning and connecting business owners with resources, including financial. Our mission is to increase number and viability of small businesses. If you are going to start a business, start with us!