How do I register for a Workforce Development course?
Advanced registration is required for all courses with the exception of Basic Skills. Payment is due at the time of registration. You can now register electronically for most courses offered by Workforce Development! Simply find the class you wish to take on the WFD web pages and click the orange “REGISTER NOW” button to fill out an electronic version of our registration form.
- Register early! Decisions are made regarding minimum enrollment 2-3 days prior to class start date. Your enrollment could be the one that makes the difference.
- You may register in person by coming to our office locations, which are in the Brock Administration Building, Suite 114, New Bern and Institute of Aeronautical Technology, Room 114, Havelock. Office hours are Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-6 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. in New Bern and Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. in Havelock (changing to Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. from mid-May to mid-August) excluding holidays. Walk-in registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. You may register in either office regardless of course location.
- Fees may be paid by cash, check, money order or credit card (MasterCard, AMEX, Visa or Discover). If registering by mail, send registration form and check or money order to Craven Community College, Attn. Student Accounts, 800 College Court, New Bern, NC 28562.
- Any adult 18 years of age or older (and out of high school) may register for a course. Individuals 16-18 years of age are required to complete the Underage Release Form (available upon request) to secure written permission from their high school official and parents before registering for a class.
- There are no fees for job-related courses for law enforcement, fire and EMS personnel.
- Craven Community College reserves the right to change schedules at any time and to add or withdraw courses. Only registered students will be notified in advance of any such changes.
If a student officially withdraws from the class prior to the first class session, or if a class is canceled due to insufficient enrollment, the student will receive a 100% refund of tuition and fees. For Occupational Extension classes: If a student officially withdraws after the start but prior to or on the 10% point of the scheduled hours, the student will receive a 75% tuition refund. Fees may not be refunded. For self-support classes: Students WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE for refund once the class begins.
All information is subject to revision per NC General Statutes and the rules and regulations of the NC Community College System and Craven Community College.
Call for more information.
- New Bern (252) 638-7248
- Havelock (252) 444-8204