General Definition of Work
Essential Functions/Typical Tasks
(The following tasks are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Records and logs service orders sent to billing office and assigns order to service crew.
- Enters completed service order data into computer; prepares billing adjustments; provides duplicate bills.
- Sets up new customer accounts, closes accounts, processes final bills, changes out meters, adds new meters and services to accounts; resequences routes as new meters are added.
- Responds to customer inquiries; reviews customer concerns and checks customer account information; adjusts accounts found to be in error.
- Downloads meters, separates data into reading routes; loads data into meter reading devices.
- Unloads meter reading data and updates meter reading files; analyzes upload reports for accuracy.
- Prepares a variety of meter reading and related reports.
- Enters meter reading data into computer system, makes corrections and adjustments and prepares for billing process.
- Responds to service crew via radio and cellular technology.
- Markets products and services to customers to improve efficiency.
- Refers customers to other departments in the City
- Processes duplicate bills for customers.
- Maintains on-call status during hurricanes, ice storms and other emergencies as required.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities