General Definition of Work
Essential Functions/Typical Tasks
(The following tasks are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Performs carpentry, painting, masonry and concrete work.
- Operates bucket truck, pick-up, flat-bed truck, dump truck and other automotive equipment necessary in performance of tasks.
- Determines supplies, parts and equipment required for assignment; orders replacement parts.
- Erects scaffolds and ladders; paints interior and exterior of buildings and facilities.
- Performs a variety of carpentry tasks including constructing walls, hanging sheet rock, repairing furniture, etc.
- Repairs and replaces sinks, commodes, urinals, showers, faucets and related plumbing fixtures.
- Assists with electrical repairs; troubleshoots problem areas, determines cause of malfunction; repairs light fixtures, switches, receptacles, ballast, etc.
- Repairs and maintains HVAC systems; replaces fuses, switches, fan motors and cleans system components.
- Installs, repairs and replaces parking meters; collects money from meters; files reports.
- Repairs sidewalks, driveways, catch basins, curbs, gutters and busted water drains.
- Cleans catch basins; checks drainage tiles; clears drainage ditches; cleans up storm debris.
- Assists with other department activities when assigned.
- Assists with snow removal and ice control.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours in an emergency or stand-by status.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities