General Definition of Work
Essential Functions/Typical Tasks
(The following tasks are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Monitors and observes the SCADA System, OMS, alarm system, utility security systems; wastewater system, advanced metering infrastructure, load management and water system.
- Switches control modes to required position.
- Checks telemetry and mechanical alarms; dispatches crews to restore alarms back to normal.
- Ensures adequate water tank levels are maintained.
- Answers incoming trouble calls and dispatches crews to restore utilities; opens and closes service orders.
- Records all emergency and non-emergency trouble calls on appropriate forms.
- Responds to inquiries from public.
- Calls in emergency and non-emergency locates and cut lines.
- Executes load management and enters time data during performance of load management.
- Monitors substations.
- Works rotating shifts to cover 24 hour/7 day week assignments.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities