Choosing the right career can be a daunting task for many individuals. At Craven Community College, we are dedicated to helping you explore a career path that matches your interests, values, and traits to help you obtain your desired lifestyle. We offer several resources that can help you make this important decision, including career-planning tools, information about our programs, and career readiness classes and seminars.
Onsite Job Assistance Powered by NCWorks
Craven County NCWorks can help all job seekers get assistance with the following:
- Resume writing
- Cover letter writing
- Interview preparation
- Job searches
- Job placement
- Career planning and coaching
Advisors are available for virtual appointments every Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. An invite will be emailed after scheduling an appointment. Schedule an appointment here.
To request a virtual appointment on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday, email NCWorks.
Reflection and Self-Evaluation
The first step in career planning is gathering information about yourself to assist in deciding on a career. Career assessments can help you explore your interests, skills, values, and preferences as they relate to choosing a major or career. While no assessment can perfectly describe who you are or what your career should be, they are valuable in helping you narrow your search and consider options you may not have previously considered.
Career Planning Tools
- Career Coach allows you explore your interests, skills, and knowledge to find a career path that is right for you.
- Reality Check, from the North Carolina Department of Commerce, is an online tool designed to estimate the income necessary to support your desired lifestyle.
The next step in career planning is to explore and research your options. Exploring takes your self-assessment a step further by looking at your personal interests, skills, values, and work-life needs and narrowing down areas of possibilities.
- Explore interests and occupations through College Foundation of North Carolina
- Learn more about the programs available at Craven Community College. We offer several degree, certificate, and diploma options, continuing education courses, and basic skills classes.
- Speak to an advisor
For more information, contact one of our Academic Advisors on the New Bern campus:
Barker Hall, Room 109
Email an Advisor