Train for Truck Driving with us!
The CCC Truck Driving Training School program provides graduates with an excellent foundation for a truck driving career. Our students are tested thoroughly on the road and through written exams to ensure that they possess the necessary skills and knowledge to successfully and safely operate commercial vehicles.
The Commercial Truck Driving program provides training to meet the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) standards of specialized training in the areas of driver qualification, hours of service, driver wellness, and whistleblower protection for entry-level drivers who are subject to the requirements (49 CFR Part 380).
The Commercial Truck Driving program provides the training for the North Carolina State Commercial Truck Driving License examination for new drivers.
All training instruction is provided at school facilities and in school provided equipment. See Commercial Driver License Program Descriptions for more information. Free practice tests are available at https://www.cdlcareernow.com/cdl-practice-tests.php.
The college provides support and help in placing graduates into industry employment. In addition, CDL Job Now and CDL Jobs.com has many truck driving positions available for both recent graduates and experienced drivers.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid North Carolina driver’s license
- Pass and obtain a US Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination no more than 6 months prior to start of class
- Obtain a driving record not more than 3 months prior to the start of class. Any of the following violations within 4 years of finishing the class will prohibit entering the program:
- Driving while impaired(DWI)
- Careless and reckless driving
- Hit and run
- Refusal to take chemical test
- Pass a DOT drug screening test at a lab designated by the school.
All enrollment requirements must be presented in person. At that time, we will register you and expect full payment. DEADLINE to register is 1-week prior to start of class.
A 4-hour orientation session will be held approximately six weeks prior to the start of each Class “A” course. For Class “B” information view Class “B” CDL. This will ensure students have enough time to take care of all requirements needed to enter their respective program. Orientation classes are held at 5:30 p.m. For more information contact Jeff Schulze at (252) 638-5467 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Match the orientation date to its adjacent class
Orientation Dates (Class “A” CDL License)
- June 11, 2018 (for July 23 class)
- August 27, 2018 (for October 8 class)
Class Dates (Class “A” CDL License)
- July 23 – September 13, 2018
- October 8 – December 5, 2018
Class “A” CDL License Schedule
|COURSE ID||START/END DATE||DAY||TIME||LOCATION||FEE|
|48499||Jul 23-Sep 13|
No Class Sep 3
|NB Kelso 105||$2000.00|
|48500||Oct 8-Dec 5|
No class Nov 9, 12, 22
Nov 21 class 8AM-12PM
|NB Kelso 105||$2000.00|
Class “B” CDL License Schedule
Class “B” CDL License Schedule must have 5 students. Students must come to either the Brock Administrative office or Havelock Campus to register with the following:
- CDL Class “B” Permit
- NC Driver License
- DOT Medical Card
- Driver History Record (non-certified) from any state where driver license was held for the past 3 years
- Proof that Drug Test Results from no later than past 3 months have been completed and results requested to be sent to Craven Community College CDL Coordinator Jeff Schulze.
- Be prepared with funds in full at time of registration.
All required documents and payment must be made no later than 5 business days before the start of the class. Registration and payment must be done at the college. If we don’t have 5 students, class will be canceled.
If interested complete the CDL “B” class interest form.
When we have 5 students for the “B” class, a schedule will be made. If you have not attended the mandatory orientation, please click on the link above. All students are asked to attend an orientation prior to be accepted into a class.
Jeff Schulze, Workforce Development Coordinator
Brock Administration Building, Room 129
800 College Court, New Bern, NC 28562
(252) 638-5467, email@example.com