Diploma in Practical Nursing (D45660) Plan of Study 2021-2022
The following plan of study is the standard curriculum for the above program. Any deviation from the prescribed curriculum must have approval in advance. All prerequisite course requirements must also be met. To graduate the student must successfully complete all the required courses, the required credit hours for electives, and have at least a 2.5 overall grade point average. This plan of study is subject to change when the college determines such action is in the best interest of the student or the program. It is the responsibility of the student to meet requirements for graduation. If accepted students do not enroll for three successive semesters, they must contact the Admissions office to determine if readmission is necessary.
|ACA 111||College Student Success||1||0||0||1||1|
|BIO 163||Basic Anatomy & Physiology I||4||2||0||6||5|
|PSY 150||General Psychology||3||0||0||3||3|
|NUR 101||Practical Nursing I||7||6||6||19||11|
|ENG 111||Expository Writing||3||0||0||3||3|
|NUR 102||Practical Nursing II||7||0||9||20||10|
|PSY 241||Developmental Psych||3||0||0||3||3|
|NUR 103||Practical Nursing III||6||0||9||18||9|
|Total Semester Hours Required for Degree||45|
- Possess a current unrestricted listing on the NC Registry as a Certified Nurse Aide I or above.
- Must complete all development requirements to be eligible to take ENG 111
- Must complete all development requirements to be eligible to take BIO 163
- Must complete all development requirements to be eligible to take MAT 110
- Must complete Chemistry at high school level or collegiate level with a C or better.
- Possess a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (not rounded).
- Possess a high school diploma or GED – transcript(s) on file at Craven Community College.
- Completion of all general college courses is encouraged but not required prior to entering the nursing program.
- A 2.5 is the minimum cumulative grade point average required for progression within the nursing program.
- Successful completion of all courses as outlined in the master schedule – NUR courses must be completed with a B or greater and support courses with a C or greater – is required before Nursing students will be allowed to register for the succeeding semester.
Back to top