The Transition Nursing program provides an opportunity for graduates of an approved LPN program to enter the ADN program as advanced standing students. Students accepted into the Transition program are given credit for NUR 111, NUR 112, and NUR 114 if they have an active LPN license in North Carolina. Then, after successfully completing NUR 214, they are enrolled in the third semester of the ADN program if space is available.
Transition LPN to ADN courses are taught in the spring semester.
Nursing Application Dates for 2019
Spring 2019 Transition (LPN-to-ADN)
Spring 2019 Transition applications will be accepted from August 1 – September 14, 2018.
Application Requirements for Spring 2019 must be met by August 31, 2018.
- Be a graduate of an accredited/registered high school or a recognized equivalency, such as a GED diploma.
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.50 GPA (not rounded). Craven GPA will be used if an applicant has completed 12 or more semester hours at Craven.
- Complete DRE 096 through DRE 098 by course completion or placement testing and be eligible to enroll in ENG 111.
- Complete DMA 010 through DMA 050 by satisfactory course completion or placement testing.
- Complete a chemistry course in high school or college (CHM 090 or above) with a grade of ‘C’ or higher.
- Graduation from an approved Practical Nursing program.
- Current license as an LPN in North Carolina.
- Complete all first semester ADN general education courses with a minimum grade of ‘C’ before Spring 2019:
- ACA 111, 122, or 118 College Success
- BIO 168 Anatomy and Physiology I
- ENG 111 Writing and Inquiry
- PSY 150 General Psychology
LPN to ADN Nursing Application for Spring 2019
Complete a general application to Craven Community College.
Follow the instructions that you receive in a return email from Admissions to confirm your intent to enroll. You will receive a letter from the Admissions staff with your Craven Community College Student ID number and instructions for accessing your Craven Community College student email, and accessing WebAdvisor, Craven’s student web portal.
Complete the online Transitions Nursing application. The application will be available from
August 1 – September 14, 2018
Nursing Programs are approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing
For further information, please contact
Jolie Huffman, Admissions Specialist for Health Programs
Tara Howry, Director of Nursing