The Esthetics Technology program will provide students with hands-on experience in the art of skin care, including electrical facials, basic facials, hair removal, and many custom facial principles. Students learn about general health and wellness, cosmetics, and basic dermatology, chemistry and anatomy.
Course work includes instruction in all phases of professional Esthetics Technology, business/human relations, product knowledge, and other related topics.
Graduates should be prepared to take the North Carolina Cosmetology State Board Licensing Exam and upon passing be licensed and qualify for employment in beauty and cosmetic/skin care salons, as a platform artist, and in related businesses.
Esthetics is a selective admissions program. It has fall semester entrance only and does not have a summer term. Entry is competitive; in the case that two or more students receive equal scoring, the earliest date of application to the program will be used to determine the entering candidate. Applications are accepted up until first day of classes.
A student who wishes to apply for the Esthetic Program must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the Craven Community College application process (application, submission of all transcripts and completion of appropriate placement test).
- Fulfill all developmental requirements prior to admission into the program, i.e. place out of DMA xxxx and DRE 096.
- Submit the Esthetic Program Application and two Craven Community College Esthetics Program Personal Reference forms completed by non-family members prior to last working day in July deadline.
- Attend an individual information session with Cosmetic Arts Faculty member prior to the end of summer semester.
- Upon acceptance, applicants must submit complete immunization history forms, including PPD test, Hepatitis B series and Tetanus booster.
Click here to download and/ or view the application package.
Successful graduates of this program may find employment opportunities in the following areas:
- Skin Specialist
- Platform Artist
- Beauty salons
- Day and resort spas
- Nursing and other residential care homes
Dean of Career Programs – Jim Millard, firstname.lastname@example.org 252-638-7372
Chair for Industrial, Transportation and Service Programs – Ricky Meadows, email@example.com 252-638-4550
Esthetics Instructor/Subject Matter Expert – Shelby Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org 252-638-7241