The Esthetics Technology program will provide students with hands-on experience in the art of skin care, including electrical facials, basic facials, hair removal, and many custom facial principles. Students learn about general health and wellness, cosmetics, and basic dermatology, chemistry and anatomy.
Course work includes instruction in all phases of professional Esthetics Technology, business/human relations, product knowledge, and other related topics.
Graduates should be prepared to take the North Carolina Esthetic State Board Licensing Exam and upon passing be licensed and qualify for employment in beauty and cosmetic/skin care salons, as a platform artist, and in related businesses.
This program is fall semester entrance only and does not have a summer term.
Entry is competitive. The program only accepts 12 students per year. Therefore, it is vital to complete each step of the admission process as soon as possible to ensure acceptance for the second phase, the esthetic package and the interview.
Esthetic Package will be accepted starting Jan 1 and ending June 30.
A student who wishes to apply for the Esthetic Program must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the Craven Community College application process (application, submission of all transcripts and completion of appropriate placement test).
- Fulfill all developmental requirements prior to admission into the program, i.e. place out of DRE 096 and one of the following: DMA 010, DMA 020, or DMA 030.
- Submit the Esthetic Program Application and two Craven Community College Esthetics Program Personal Reference forms completed by non-family members prior to last working day in July deadline.
- Attend an individual information session with Cosmetic Arts Faculty member prior to the end of summer semester.
- Upon acceptance, applicants must submit complete immunization history forms, including PPD test, Hepatitis B series and Tetanus booster.
Phase 1: Checklist (must be completed prior to submitting Esthetic Package)
- Download the Esthetic Checklist Form and complete the checklist.
- An Admissions Specialist must sign all items on the Esthetic Checklist Form.
- Once you have completed all steps on the Esthetic Checklist Form and an Admissions Specialist has signed off each step then you are eligible for the second phase.
During this process, it is important to check your student email each day for updates on admission.
Phase 2: Esthetic Package*
- Copy of the completed and signed Esthetic Check List Form
- Cover letter stating why you would like to be in the Esthetics program
- Two (2) reference forms completed by non-family members.
- Copy of completed immunization history, including PPD test, Hepatitis B series and Tetanus booster.
*Submit completed Esthetic package to Shelby Miller. Mrs. Miller’s office is located on the New Bern campus in the Kelso Building, Office # 118. If Mrs. Miller is not in her office, please leave Esthetic Package in the mailbox on her door. The package must be complete before acceptance. You will be notified via email within a week that we have received the package. If you have not received notification at that time please notify Mrs. Miller via email.
|Jan 1 thru Jun 30||Submit Esthetic package|
|Week of Jul 1||Candidates will be contact via email/phone to schedule an
interview date and time
|Week of Jul 8*||Interviews
Once all interviews are complete you will be notified
on the decision of acceptance
|*If the program is not full at this time, we will reopen for additional applications|
Acceptance will be determined on a point system. The point system will include the esthetic package and interview. In case of a tie, GPA and prior education will be considered.
Cost: All prices are subject to change.
Tuition is based on credit hour.
First Semester (Cos 119 & Cos 120) 8 credits
Second Semester (Cos 125 & Cos 126) 8 credits
Books and kit $320 estimated
Plus uniforms and name tag
We encourage all students to apply for financial aid.
For more information on the Esthetic program or a tour of the department please contact Mrs. Shelby Miller.
For more information on Craven Community College admissions please call Admissions at (252)638-7430.
Successful graduates of this program may find employment opportunities in the following areas:
- Skin Specialist
- Platform Artist
- Beauty salons
- Day and resort spas
- Nursing and other residential care homes
Dean of Career Programs
Esthetics Instructor/Subject Matter Expert