Craven Community College offers a variety of scholarships. Most are based on financial need and academic achievement. Scholarship applications should be completed in early spring for the next academic year. Criteria and award amounts are determined by the sponsors and are subject to change. Contact the Financial Aid Office for additional information and requirements. Most scholarships should be used first to charge tuition, fees and books. If the student is to receive any unused portion, the disbursement will be mailed at the 50 percent of the semester.
Scholarships for Latino Students
NC Hispanic College Fund due 01/15/2014, no status restrictions. Select NC Hispanic College Fund for more information.
Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship for documented and minority high school seniors due February 14th. Select Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship for more information.
Achievement Scholarship for Refugees and Immigrants of Wake County, no status restrictions and due April 15th. Select Achievement Scholarship for Refugees and Immigrants of Wake County for more information.
Scholarships are also available for Craven Community College students at http://www.studentscholarships.org/awards.php
Select The Marine Corps League Detachment 1067 Cherry Point NC to learn about the Marine Corps League Scholarship. Select MCL Scholarship Application to apply.
Click SR Education Group Scholarship to learn more about the SR Education Group Scholarship program.
Goedeker’s Scholarship Win up to $500 for Books. Goedeker’s will be awarding a grand prize of $500 and two honorable mentions for $100 toward costly college textbooks. Go to http://www.goedekers.com/college-scholarship for more information.
Nursing Scholarships Available. Three scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $5,000 for students pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing and two scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2,000 for those pursuing an Associate of Applied Science degree. These scholarship applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on April 4th. Additional information is available at http://www.carolinaeastfoundation.com/nursing-scholarships
American Welding Society Foundation Scholarship at www.aws.org/foundation/district_scholarships.html.
The Forgivable Education Loans for Service: The Forgivable Education Loans for Service(FELS) application and program information for the 2014-2015 academic year will be available in November 2013 at www.CFNC.org. The priority deadline for submitting the FELS application is April 1, 2014. The (FELS) program provides funding for North Carolina students pursuing programs leading to careers in areas with critical need such as nursing, teaching, allied health fields and medicine. Students who receive funds through this program must sign a promissory note agreeing to work in North Carolina after graduation in an approved position, one year for each academic year of funding received. Students who do not perform the required service must repay the loans in cash, with interest.
The FreeLegalAid.com Entrepreneurship Scholarship: A scholarship offered to the student who writes the best short essay on access to law per the guidelines set forth on www.freelegalaid.com/scholarship Free Legal Aid is one of the oldest websites offering completely free legal resources. This scholarship requires an easy application form submitted through email. See the website for details.
The Chicago Injury Center’s Disabled Veterans Scholarship: The Chicago Injury Center is proud to offer four scholarships for disabled US Veterans, ranging from $250 to $1000. Applicants should write a 500+ word essay discussing the unique challenges they have faced as a disabled veteran and how their experiences have prepared them to overcome the challenges they will see as students. Essays and all other application materials should be sent to the Chicago Injury Center by June 1, 2015. Additional requirements for the scholarship can be found here: http://chicagoinjurycenter.com/cic-veteran-scholarship-fund/.
The MissionVacation.com Entrepreneurship Scholarship: Mission Vacation is a company focusing on vacation rentals in Mission Beach, San Diego. A scholarship offered to the student who writes the best short essay on travel per the guidelines set forth on www.MissionVacation.com/scholarship This scholarship requires an easy application form submitted through email. See the website for details.
Select SEANC Scholarship Program – (pdf) to learn more about the scholarship.
Select Scholars in Engineering and Science (SEAS) Program to learn more about the scholarship.
Veteran Scholarship sponsored by the Disabled Veterans National Foundation. Select Disabled Veterans National Foundation Scholarship to learn more about the scholarship. Select Veterans National Foundation Scholarship Application – (pdf) to download the scholarship application.
As new scholarships become available, announcements will be posted.
- Elliott A. And Clara F. Bennett Scholarship provides funds to deserving students who do not have the financial resources to continue their education.
- Stephen and Della Mae Best Memorial Scholarship provides funds to African American students with financial need. Full time student with 2.5 GPA.
- Thurman E. Brock Scholarship provides opportunity for students in technical or vocational areas.
- Janet MacDonald Coats Scholarship provides funding to students in the nursing curriculum.
- CCC Alumni Scholarship provides funding to a Craven Community College graduate of the GED or AHSD program.
- Craven, Pamlico, Jones, Medical Auxiliary Scholarship provides funding to second year Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) students.
- Selma B. Crofton Scholarship provides funding for a second year student enrolled in a curriculum leading to a degree in the education field.
- Olin E. and T. Earl Finch Scholarship provides opportunity for students in the electronics or electrical fields.
- First Flight Scholarship provides funding to members or dependents of members.
- Golden Leaf Scholars Program provides funds up to $750 per semester for curriculum students and up to $250 for occupational education students. Click for information and application.
- Robert L. Hanson Scholarship provides funding to students in a general business or business related curriculum.
- Hazel B. Neal Scholarship will provide assistance for an under privileged person in furthering their education. Click for information and application.
- Mike D. and Linda P. Jones Scholarship provides funding to students who do not have the financial resources to continue their education.
- Constance Newton Lupton Scholarship provides funding for single mothers.
- New Bern/Craven County Retired School Personnel Scholarship provides funding to second year students planning to transfer into a four-year education curriculum.
- North Carolina Nurse Education Scholarship Loan Program provides funding to ensure enrollment and retention of qualified nurse education candidates. Recipients must agree to work for one year as a full-time nurse in NC for each year of funding.
- Wachovia Technical Scholarships provide funding to second year technical degree students.
- Other local, state and national organizations provide scholarships to students attending Craven Community College. Applications and additional requirements for the following scholarship programs may be obtained from the Financial Aid Office. Criteria and award amounts are determined by the organization and are subject to change.
- Alpha Delta Kappa, Beta Gamma Chapter Scholarship is awarded annually to a student who is in the area of education, shows academic achievement, participation in extra curricular activities, and financial need.
- Carteret-Craven Electric Foundation has set aside scholarship funds for students who are served by the electric cooperative and are attending or planning to attend Carteret Community College or Craven Community College. Click for information and application.
- Cherry Point Officers Wives Club Scholarship provides funding to dependents of active duty military personnel assigned to MCAS Cherry Point or dependents of active duty, deceased or retired military personnel living in Craven, Carteret or Pamlico counties.
- Craven Community College Foundation Scholarships provide funding to graduating seniors from Havelock, West Craven, and New Bern Senior High Schools. Click for information and application.
- Craven Community College Foundation Endowment 2000 provides funding to students enrolled at least half time and maintaining a 2.0 GPA. Applications are available in the Financial Aid Office.
- Craven County Endowment Scholarship provides funding to Craven County residents attending the college who maintain a 2.0 GPA and are enrolled full time. Craven Community College graduates may be eligible to receive a one-time scholarship to a transferring college.
- North Carolina Nurse Scholars Program provides funding to enable outstanding
students to become registered nurses.
- Prospective Teacher Scholarship Loan Program provides funding for study leading to teacher licensure. Recipients must agree to teach one year in a North Carolina public school for each year of assistance received.
- State Employees Association of North Carolina (SEANC) Scholarship provides funding to
members or dependents of members.
Additional Scholarship Information
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority
- Albert H. Bangert Memorial Student Scholarship/Loan Fund
- Civitan Club of New Bern
- Delta Sigma Theta
- Kiwanis Club
- Marine Corps Scholarship Fund
- John and Helen Morton Scholarship Fund of Centenary United Methodist Church
- New Bern Woman’s Club, Continuing Education Division
- New Bern Woman’s Club, Youth Division
- North Carolina Society of Accountants
- Rotary Club of New Bern
- ‘Jim’ Stocks Foundation
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Project
- Tryon Civitan Club
- Retired Officers Association of Coastal Carolina
- Craven Regional Medical Center Nursing Scholarship Loan Program
- Marine Corps Aviation Association
- National Society of Public Accountants
- American Association of University Women
- Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses
- Xi Delta Tau Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi International Scholarship
- Beta Sigma Phi Scholarship
- P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education
- Havelock Chili Festival Chamber of Com.
- American Association of University Women
- Evelyn Newsome-Saunders
- Tia Tamara McClendon
- Fraternal Order of Police
- Ruth Gold
- Hunt Baxter
- Mary Dale Bender
- Cherry Point Employees Association
- Johnnie Sampson, Jr.
- State Employees Credit Union Foundation
- Jenkins Gas
- Coastal Carolina Health Care
- Eastern Internal Medicine
- Mike Rice Scholarship
- Eastern Aviation
- PCS Phosphate
- Stubbs & Perdue
- Carolina Technical Plastics
- Mark “Rat Daddy” Ratliff
- CCC Business Office
- D. Livingston Stallings
- Neuse Sunrise Rotary (Bridgeton)
- Lewis Redd
- Lisa & Scott Ralls Leadership
- Atlantic Wealth Advisors
- Auto Club
- M. Hayes Stallings Aviation
- East Carolina Engineers Club
- Golden Leaf
- CCC International Club
- Naval Officers Spouse
- Williams Farm & Garden Ctr.
- Perry Griffin
- Baptist Children’s Home
Contact InformationFinancial Aid Advisor Carolyn Ward