Find out more about your college. View the New Student Orientation Video.
New! Take the Student Success Challenge
Your Craven CC Success Story could inspire others AND you could win one of two $250 gift cards!
Take the Student Success Challenge!
You could win a $250 bookstore certificate. Be creative, have fun, and share your experience by entering an essay or video telling us “How YOU found your success at Craven Community College.”
How to enter:
- Be a current ACA 111 OR ACA 122 student;
- Create a video at least 3 minutes in length OR write an essay (2 pages double-spaced in 12 point Times New Roman or Arial); and
- E-mail your video to Marti Myers (firstname.lastname@example.org) OR submit a copy of your essay to Matthew Herrmann in BIT, 102 or by e-mail (email@example.com)
Two winners will present their projects at a campus-wide event highlighting how they found success at Craven Community College.
The awards are generously provided by the Craven Community College Bookstore and Follett Publishing.
Entry Date: November 7th
Closing Date: December 9th
Winners and Prizes will be presented in January, 2017
First-Year Experience “FYE” Programs
First-Year Experience at Craven Community College is here to ensure that you have an outstanding and successful first year. Craven is committed to your success and wants your experience here to be educational and fulfilling. We encourage you to take advantage of these first-year opportunities as one of the most important steps you will take towards your own success as a college student.
- Student Orientation
- First-Year Advising & Academic Support
- College Student Success Courses
- First-Year Programs & Activities
- First-Year Experience for Parents & Families
- About E3: Engage, Enrich, Empower
E3: First-Year Experience Program is designed to
- “Engage” incoming students inside and outside of the classroom to encourage critical thought in self-assessment,
- “Enrich” students’ lives by promoting and supporting learning opportunities that will help them to grow and develop professionally, and..
- “Empower” them to initiate goal setting and decision-making in order to pursue their passions.
If you have Questions or would like to schedule an advising appointment, please contact:Marti Myers, Student Success Coordinator
First-Year Experience Programs
226 BIT Building
800 College Court
New Bern, NC 28562