Once you have applied to Craven, you will need to complete the orientation requirement before you can register for classes. Orientation gives you a head start in making meaningful connections and introduces you to a host of resources to assist you with meeting your academic and personal goals. We will not only help prepare you for your first day of classes, we will also help you begin your journey toward graduation.
At orientation you will:
- Learn about academics at Craven and Prepare for advising and registration
- Understand academic expectations and what it takes to be a successful student
- Become aware of campus resources and opportunities
- Access your student G-mail and WebAdvisor accounts
FALL 2016 Orientation
Sign-up for an on-campus new student orientation session.
- Go to:
- Select an orientation session date and register to attend.
- Attend the orientation session and receive certificate of completion.
- This certificate is “Your Ticket to Register”. Please show it to the academic advisor when you register.
Are You a Distance Education/Online Learner?
Complete the new student orientation in Moodle.
- Confirm your enrollment: email email@example.com and request to be admitted so you can complete the orientation in Moodle.
- Go to moodle.cravencc.edu/.
- Click the login link in the upper right corner.
- Username: firstname.lastname (see admission letter: your username in the first part of your email address)
- Password: mmddyyy (your birthday)
- Once logged in, click My Home under navigation to see your courses.
- Click on the course “New Student Orientation” and follow the instructions.
- Once you have completed orientation, a certificate of completion will be generated.
- This certificate is “Your Ticket to Register”. Print a copy to show the academic advisor when you register.
Orientation is recommended, not required, for students who have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher or are a visiting (special credit) student.