Once you have applied to Craven, you will need to complete the orientation requirement before you can register for classes. Orientation gives you a head start in making meaningful connections and introduces you to a host of resources to assist you with meeting your academic and personal goals. We will not only help prepare you for your first day of classes, we will also help you begin your journey toward graduation.
The Purpose of Student Orientation
- Learn about academics at Craven
- Prepare for advising and registration
- Understand academic expectations and what it takes to be a successful student
- Become aware of campus resources and opportunities
- Familiarize yourself with the campus
- Learn to navigate and set up your student Email, Moodle, and WebAdvisor accounts
Register for New Student Orientation
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines New Student Orientation will be completely online. Please follow the directions below to complete New Student Orientation through Moodle. If you have any questions please email Craven Student Life.
Online Orientation Available for New Students, Distance Education Students, Transfer Students, or Returning Students
- Go to moodle.cravencc.edu
- Click the login link in the upper right corner
- Use your Panther ID to access Moodle.
- Use your Panther ID password to access Moodle. Password Reset Instructions – (pdf)
- Once logged in, navigate to “My courses” (green bar across the top of the page) and select “New Student Orientation” from the drop down list of courses
- Watch each video in the “New Student Orientation” course
- Complete Quizzes
Orientation is recommended, not required, for students who have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher or are a visiting (special credit) student.