Internal web page (Login required)
The Department’s Mission is to progressively contribute to the strategic planning, policy formulation and decision-making processes of Craven Community College by advancing and providing timely and accurate quantitative and qualitative information, analyses and summary reports, and by providing leadership in Strategic Planning, Institutional Effectiveness, mission attainment, quality enhancement and accountability.
Craven Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Craven Community College.
NOTE: Interested parties may use the contact information below (1) to learn more about the accreditation status of the institution, (2) to file a third-party comment at the time of the institution’s decennial review, or (3) to file a complaint against the institution for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement. Normal inquiries about the institution, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be directed to the appropriate institution office and not to the Commission’s office.Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
The following programs have earned accreditation by industry specific accrediting bodies:
|Program||Accreditor||Date of last Review||Any negative Action taken (Yes or No)|
|Physical Therapist Assistant (A45620)||American Physical Therapy Association Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education 1111N Fairfax Street Alexandria VA 22314||Fall 2012||No|
|Health Information Technology||American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) 233 N Michigan Avenue 21st Floor Chicago IL 60601||June 2013||No|
|Pharmacy Technology||American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) 7272 Wisconsin Avenue Bethesda MD 20814||July 2013||No|
|Early Childhood Education||National Association for the Education of Young Children 1313 L Street NW Suite 30 Washington DC 20005||Spring 2012||No|
|Manufacturing Technology||National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) 10565 Fairfax Boulevard Suite 203 Fairfax, VA 22030||Spring 2010||No|
|Automotive Systems Technology||National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) 101 Blue Seal Drive SE Suite 101 Leesburg, VA 20175||Spring 2011||No negative action taken however due to a clerical error, the College let the accreditation expire and is working with NATEF to renew its accreditation|
|Aviation Systems Technology||Federal Aviation Administration Part 147 Aviation Certification - FAA #CUMT104K FAA, Greensboro FSDO, EA-39 1301 S. Terminal Service Road Greensboro, NC 27409||Spring 2014||No|
- Provide leadership and administrative support for the College’s multi-year and annual strategic planning processes, including development of component elements of the Strategic Plan.
- Provide demographic, external and internal environmental scanning, market research information and other analyses to enable and advance strategic and operational planning.
- Further the efforts of units/centers/departments in formulating their strategic and operational planning goals and actions and in addressing program/process effectiveness and goal attainment.
- Serve as a primary informational resource for the ongoing processes of Institutional Effectiveness and total quality management.
- Support unit/center/department efforts at measuring student learning outcomes, completing accreditation studies and assuring continuous quality improvement.
- Respond to administrative and faculty requests for information and as a resource for survey formulation, methodology and assessment regarding students, faculty/staff and other populations.
- Advocate the use of longitudinal, comparative and point-in-time informational data to support policy development and administrative decision making.
- Assemble, analyze and disseminate institutional data and research reports in a proactive, objective and impartial manner, and advance the quality and efficiency of information flow.
- Provide official data reports and survey completions to the North Carolina Community College System, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and other external agencies, while serving as a clearinghouse and assuring reliable and valid MIS data submissions.
- Support professional growth of faculty/staff in research, planning and assessment, fostering open and informed communications, analyses and collaborations.
Annual Departmental Goals
- Aid in the accountability of Craven Community college to its constituents, both internal and external, through collection, analysis and reporting of data and information in order to evaluate the College’s effectiveness in accomplishing its goals and mission.
- Provide a foundation for informed decision-making and planning.
- Provide technical, editorial, composition and coordination services for grant development activities.
Office of Institutional Effectiveness
Baker Hall- Suite 109Mary C. Clark
Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness
firstname.lastname@example.org Emily Drake
Research and Assessment
email@example.com Yasmin Santiago
Senior Administrative Assistant