Online applications for the Executive Board are due by the first Friday in March to be considered for the following academic year. **SGA Application deadline extended. Applications are accepted throughout each semester, so please feel free to turn applications in early. Interviews will be scheduled based on when applications are received. The SGA meets throughout the entire year, including over the summer.
Role of the Student Government Association
- The Student Government Association is a representative organization for the Craven Community College student body. The SGA provides students a forum for open discussion and serves as an advocate for the students by presenting issues and concerns to the administration.
- Responsible for conducting surveys to find out the interests and issues of the entire student body
- Voices the opinions of all students
- Be in good academic standing, 2.8 cumulative GPA or better
- Be a curriculum student and enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Freshmen are eligible to apply apart from not having a college GPA
- Have tested out or have already completed all remedial/developmental coursework
- Must serve a term of one academic year from July to June
- Must not have any judicial sanctions on file or pending charges
- Cannot have been disciplined/warned by the College in the past year
- Agree to consent to a background check
SGA officers cannot be an officer in any other club or organization with the exception of Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society.
SGA Executive Board Positions
- President – addresses the general assembly clubs and represents the student body at Board of Trustees meetings
- Vice President – assists the President, plans service projects, and collects reports
- Secretary – takes notes/minutes at meetings, files and keeps records
- Treasurer – reviews proposed club budgets, oversees the conduct of financial business of SGA
- Parliamentarian – keeps order during meetings, learns Robert’s Rules of Order and will oversee the next election in April
- Historian – publicity, photography and documents meetings, conferences, etc.