The purpose of the Student Leadership Academy is to prepare students to take on leadership roles at Craven CC and in the next stage of their education or career. The SLA will provide students with the opportunity to build soft skills that are essential to today’s workforce and to expose them to leaders within the school and the community.
The time of the course is designed to fit into our student population’s busy schedule and will be over before regular term final exams. The course can be added to the student’s resume and will appear on their transcripts.
The Student Leadership Academy meets six times during the semester and after successfully completing the SLA, students and their guest are invited to a graduation ceremony. Only one excused absence is allowed.
- 2.8 GPA or higher
- Current student enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- 18 years or older
- 2 letters of recommendation. 1 letter must be from a Craven CC staff or faculty member. The letters can be delivered to Student Center, Room 108 or Emailed to Emily Stewart, Campus Life Coordinator.
The deadline to submit the Student Leadership Academy Application for Fall 2019 is Sep 4th.
SLA classes will meet on the following dates from 3:30-5:00 PM in the Student Center, Room 115 (Naumann Community Room)
- September 13- Journey to Leadership Panel, Raymond Staats, John Segal, Sarah Sawyer, Zomar Peter & Greg Singleton
- September 20- Interview Skills & Communication, Junie Christian
- September 27- Emergenetics, 3:30-6:00 PM, Marti Myers and Charles Wethington
- October 11- What Employers Want in YOU: The Leadership Connection, Sarah Sawyer
- October 25- Build the Trainer, Jennifer Wheaton
- November 1- Generational Leadership, Greg Singleton
- November 15-Graduation Ceremony-all past speakers and presenters are invited
Emily Stewart, Campus Life Coordinator
Student Center 108