Welcome to the Craven Community College Havelock Campus Testing Center! We aim to provide a secure and supportive testing environment for our current and future students as well as our local community. To do this, all test takers must abide by the following rules:
- Testers must prove their identity by showing at least one valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license, before all testing sessions.
- Testers may not bring children into the Testing Center or leave them unattended outside the test area.
- Testers may NOT bring food or drinks into the Testing Center.
- Testers will lock all personal items, including electronic devices, cell phones, watches, coats, purses, bags, and jackets, in the secure storage area prior to entering the testing room.
- Testers will turn in proctor- issued paper and pencil upon test completion.
- Testers may not wear hats or hoods during testing (except religious head coverings).
- Testers may not use calculators on tests unless it is a calculator link built into the test or unless a proctor explicitly states they may.
- If a tester needs ADA Accommodations due to a disability, they should contact Disability Services prior to scheduling any testing appointments. Please visit the link for more details.
The Craven CC Havelock Campus Testing Center administers a variety of different tests. There is essential information available regarding each test, including testing requirements, fees, restrictions and more. Proctoring fees are non-refundable.
To schedule a Craven Community College Instructor Test or Placement Test, book a testing session.
+ Craven Community College Instructor Makeup Test
The Craven CC Havelock Campus Testing Center proctors make-up tests for Craven CC students.
- Make-up testing for seated, hybrid, and online classes is available on a walk-in basis during listed testing hours
- Students with ADA testing accommodations must schedule their testing sessions with Michelle Davis, the Havelock Campus Craven CC Testing Center Manager and ADA Liaison, prior to testing sessions
- Students must use a calculator provided by the Testing Center
- Student must use scratch paper provided by the Testing Center
- Students will be required to present a valid photo ID
+ Placement Testing
Please note each student’s academic profile is unique. Therefore, students must consult with an Academic Advisor prior to testing to ensure that the test the student is planning to take is the right one.
RISE Placement Testing
- Placement testing will consist of two separate sessions(English and Math)
- RISE English consists of two testing tiers and takes approximately two hours to complete
- RISE Math consists of three testing tiers and takes approximately two to three hours to complete
- You must make a 70 on a tier before you can move to the next tier
- You can retest each tier ONLY one time – you must speak to an advisor before you can retest
The Havelock Campus Craven CC Testing Center conducts remote proctoring of the RISE and Accuplacer placement test for students enrolling at other institutions. We charge a $5 test-proctoring fee.
We also arrange remote proctoring of the RISE test for prospective Craven Community College students at other colleges who want to enroll at our college. Contact the Havelock Campus Testing Center Manager for details.
+ Proctor Services
The Craven CC Havelock Campus Testing Center proctors exams for students enrolled in other colleges as well as for students enrolled in Craven Community College programs, such our Aviation Systems Technology students. For students enrolled in other colleges, we charge a $25 test proctoring fee for each testing session, payable at Student Accounts/Cashiers office, 104 REDD bldg., prior to each testing session. Please contact the Havelock Campus Testing Center Manager for details and to schedule your test prior to testing session.
The Craven Community College Havelock Campus Testing Center provides exam proctoring services (paper/pencil or computer- based) for other schools and institutions.
Registration for proctored exams
UNC Online Proctoring Network
If you are taking online courses within the 17 UNC system campuses, the Havelock Campus Testing Center is a certified proctoring site for the UNC Online Proctoring Network.
The Craven Community College Havelock Campus Testing Center also proctors exams for institutions outside of the 17 UNC system campuses.
To register for a proctored exam outside of the UNC system:
- Have your instructor mail the following exam information to Michelle Davis prior to scheduling
- Exam format (paper or computer based)
- Exam duration
- Exam availability window
- To schedule your appointment
- Call the Michelle Davis at (252)444-6117
- Payment required
- Proctor Fee of $25.00: You can pay the proctor fee with cash or card the day of testing at the Havelock Campus Student Accounts Office in advance
- You must bring your receipt the day of testing
- Candidates pay for any fees incurred for returning the exam
What to bring on test day
- You will be required to present a valid photo ID
- Proctor fee or receipt from the Craven CC Business Office
- Your username and password if login to distance learning account is required
- Any materials permitted by your institution/instructor – calculators, notes, etc
Craven CC Havelock Campus Testing Center
305 Cunningham Blvd.
131 Redd Building
Havelock, NC 28532
Email Havelock Campus Testing Center
Testing Center Location Parking on Campus
Free parking is available behind Redd building.
Craven CC Havelock Campus Testing Center Manager:
Manager Academic Skills Center and ADA Liaison, Havelock Campus
Redd Building, Room 132
Testing Center Hours
Fall and Spring Semester
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (by appointment)
Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. (by appointment)
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (by appointment)
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (by appointment)