Update May 22, 2020
In compliance with Gov. Roy Cooper’s Executive Order 141, which introduces the Phase Two approach of easing restrictions related to COVID-19, the College’s physical campuses will remain closed to students and the public except by appointment. Some face-to-face instruction was allowed to begin during Phase One, but students will only be allowed on campus when notified by instructors. Staff and faculty will continue to telework when possible and should contact their direct supervisors with questions about campus access.
- All students should check their student email account for additional information.
- For assistance in logging into your student email, please visit http://cravencc.edu/pantherid/student-email/.
- Students currently enrolled in online classes should log into Moodle for clarification on how assignments will be managed during the closure.
- Graduation has been rescheduled for June 27 as a drive-thru celebration. Future graduation updates available at https://cravencc.edu/about/commencement-information-for-students/
A Message from the President
The COVID-19 virus outbreak has presented an unprecedented challenge to all of us. You’ve been working through great uncertainty as difficult events have unfolded rapidly. Your College remains committed to your education and your achievements to open new doors of opportunity, even in the face of adversity.
Faculty, staff, and administrators have been working hard these past several weeks to prepare a path forward for the majority of our students, even as the imperative for social distancing greatly limits our ability to continue traditional face-to-face instruction in our classrooms.
Beginning Tuesday, March 31, the great majority of Craven Community College’s curriculum classes will be moved completely online, and will remain so for the rest of the Spring semester. The College’s physical campuses will remain closed to students and the public except by appointment. I commend our talented faculty for making this transition on such short notice. Many classes will transfer to our primary Moodle online system, while some instructors may be utilizing a combination of learning platforms such as Zoom, YouTube, email, and others.
I encourage all students to check their student email account as soon as possible for updates from instructors on how to proceed in their new online learning environment. For assistance in logging into your student email, please visit http://cravencc.edu/pantherid/student-email/. Students who do not have internet access at home may be eligible for discounted broadband services.
Unfortunately, many of our classes that require hands-on skills instruction cannot be transitioned online. Continuation of these courses is being managed by the faculty on a case by case basis in accordance with the type of instruction that must be made up and the allowable protocols for doing so.
- Workforce development classes that require hands-on instruction cannot be transitioned to online; these courses have been postponed indefinitely. Students enrolled in workforce development classes should contact 252-444-8204 for more information on the status of specific classes.
- Students in curriculum industrial program classes should contact their instructors for additional information regarding options for making up missed classes to include hands-on labs.
- Students in curriculum health programs classes should contact their instructors for additional information regarding options for making up missed classes to include clinicals.
The College will continue to send updates, via email and social media, with more information as it becomes available. Our College team is working diligently to develop new ways to help you finish Spring semester classes, register for future classes, obtain financial aid, and graduate; these plus other concerns you may have as we all traverse this very new educational environment.
Your instructors are your primary points of contact for questions and concerns. However, the College has many additional Academic Support and Student Services resources available to assist you:
- Student Help Desk – https://help.cravencc.edu
- Online Support – http://cravencc.edu/distance-learning
- Library Services – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Tutoring – https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/AcademicSupportCenter@cravencc.edu/bookings/
- Academic Advising – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid and Scholarships – email@example.com
- Class Withdrawal – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help for TRiO Participants – email@example.com
- Help for Connect-2-Success Participants – firstname.lastname@example.org
- ADA Accommodations – email@example.com
Many of you have weathered adversity before as Craven Community College students, most recently just 18 months ago following Hurricane Florence. We draw strength knowing we’ve overcome such challenges. Together we’ll overcome today’s challenges as well. We are #CravenPantherStrong!
Dr. Ray Staats, President
For emergency notifications:
Sign up for Craven CC Alerts – Craven CC Rave Alert Instructions
Experiencing issues with alerts? Please call (252) 638-1222 or Email Help Desk
Ways to receive college notifications:
Please monitor our college website for updates www.CravenCC.edu
Sign up for Craven CC Alert if you have not: Rave Alert
Like our www.Facebook.com/cravencc
Follow our www.Twitter.com/cravencc
Log in to your Student Email
Ways to contact college personnel:
Academic Advising – firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions – email@example.com
Student Records – firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid and Scholarships – email@example.com
Graduation – firstname.lastname@example.org
Class withdrawal – email@example.com
Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
General Questions – Chat with us