Transcript and Enrollment Verification Requests
Transcript Requests from Other Schools
Applicants for degrees, diplomas and certificates are required to file a formal application for graduation prior to the deadline published in the academic calendar. The Registrar Office verifies graduation eligibility and completion of all credential requirements.
- The minimum number of course credit hours prescribed in the program of study has been completed. A student receiving an Associate Degree must complete a minimum of 25 percent of the respective program credit hours at Craven Community College.
- All courses have been completed with a cumulative quality point average of at least 2.0.
- Students who intend to transfer credits from another school to meet Craven graduation requirements must complete these requirements within three years of the last term they attended Craven.
- All financial obligations to the College have been met.
You must submit an Application for Graduation before the application deadline.(See Academic Calendar for dates.)
- Complete your Application for Graduation. Login to your WebAdvisor and access the Self-Service links, under Academics on the left menu, click “Graduation Overview”. You can apply for the available programs online. If the program is not available on the screen, please send the request to email@example.com with the program code you would like to apply to graduate.
- Please use the correct Major Codes from the College Catalog when completing your Credential Data information.
- There will be a $15 graduation fee posted on your account. You can pay the fee online once you receive an email notification from the Records and Registration office.
NOTE: THE GRADUATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE
- The graduation fee covers an academic year. Each academic year begins with the fall semester and ends with the subsequent summer semester. If you do not complete your graduation requirements on time for the fall and spring semesters, your graduation application with remain on file and the fee in effect through the end of the summer semester. If you apply for graduation in the summer and do not complete your graduation requirements during that semester, your application remains on file and the fee in effect through the fall semester, which follows.
- You must remain continuously enrolled each semester, with exception of the summer term, to graduate under your current catalog of record. Please contact your academic advisor if you have questions regarding your graduation requirements.
- You will receive additional information in April to elect participation in the spring graduation ceremony held in May.
- We will mail your credentials after we have certified that your requirements have been completed. Please allow three (3) weeks after the semester ends to receive them.
Graduation Application Deadlines
|Fall||October 12, 2020|
|Spring||March 15, 2021|
|Summer||June 15, 2021|
View Commencement information.
Please Email Student Records with subject line Commencement for any questions or concerns.
Student must complete all coursework and graduation requirements by summer of that graduation year to participate in the ceremony. In addition, by summer, students must be within three (3) courses of meeting the graduation requirements.
Transcript and Enrollment Verification Requests
- Craven Community College holds all student records in confidence. Enrollment verifications, transcripts, and other pertinent information will be made available only upon request of the student. The student must authorize the release before an enrollment verification or transcript will be sent to other colleges, employers, agencies or other third parties.
- All financial obligations to the College must be cleared prior to releasing a transcript or enrollment verification.
- Transcripts are $10.00 per copy. There is no charge for Enrollment Verifications or Placement Test Scores.
Ordering Official Transcripts
- Transcripts may be requested 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Electronic requests are usually processed on the same day they are completed. Transcript requests which must be mailed that are submitted on weekends, holidays, or during College closings will be processed in the order received when the College re-opens. Please allow 3-5 business days to process these requests. You can order transcripts using any major credit or debit card. Your card will be charged after your order has been completed.
- Login to the National Student Clearinghouse secure site to order official transcripts online.
- Enter your transcript order number and email address on the National Student Clearinghouse site to track your order. The Clearinghouse will email order updates to you.
- If you need help or have questions about the National Student Clearinghouse transcript ordering service, you may contact them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (703) 742-4200.
- View Authorization to Release Transcript for a printable form to request transcripts.
GED Transcript Requests Click for more information regarding GED transcript requests.
Students can print their unofficial transcripts by logging into the Self-Service portal in WebAdvisor. Alumni and students who no longer have access to WebAdvisor can request a copy of their unofficial transcripts by completing the Unofficial Transcript Request form.
Enrollment Verification/Placement Test Scores
View Enrollment Verification/Placement Test Form for a printable form to verify enrollment or release placement test scores.
Placement test scores can not be ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse.
Mail the Authorization to Release Form with your payment fee to:Registrar OfficeCraven Community College
800 College Court
New Bern, NC 28562Please Allow 3-5 Business Days for Processing.
Degree and Enrollment Verification for Employers
Craven Community College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree and enrollment verification.
The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:
Website: www.degreeverify.orgNational Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
Transcript Requests from Other Colleges and High Schools
- Go directly to the institution’s Web site to obtain its transcript request form. Remember, forms require your signature, although many institutions will accept a fax copy.
- Many institutions charge a fee for transcripts requests. Payment should accompany a transcript request. There will likely be a delay in processing your request if you do not do so. Please contact the institution you attended for fee and mailing address information.
Email Student Records (Use Subject line: Transcript Evaluations) or call (252) 633-0196 for questions or more information.
Student Educational and Privacy Rights
Admissions Mission Statement
Craven Community College’s admissions staff strives to assist and empower students to begin their educational journeys. We believe that learning is not reserved exclusively for the classroom. It is with that initiative that we give new and returning students the tools to successfully navigate their way to achieving their educational and career goals through college admission.
General Admissions Procedures
Craven Community College operates under an open-door policy for applicants who are high school graduates, who are at least 18 years of age, and whose admission eligibility conforms to North Carolina law and North Carolina Community College System directives. The high school graduation requirement is met by graduation from high school, possession of a state High School Diploma Equivalency (GED Diploma), or by possession of an Adult High School Diploma. Currently enrolled high school students can enroll through the NC Career and College Promise program; see section on North Carolina Career and College Promise. Some degree programs have specific requirements for admission to the program.
Craven Community College
800 College Court
New Bern, NC 28562
Phone: (252) 633-0196
Fax: (252) 638-4649
Email Student Record