There are several options available to help you make tuition and fee payments. You can pay in person or online and also have the option to set up a payment plan.
Approved financial aid (scholarships, grants, loans, etc.) is applied automatically to your student account. If your financial aid award does not cover all of your tuition and fees, you must make payment arrangements for the outstanding balance. You can review your financial aid award status in Self-Service.
For in-person payments, you can visit the cashier’s office in Barker Hall on our New Bern campus or the Redd Building on our Havelock campus. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express, as well as Visa or MasterCard debit cards.
For sponsorships and tuition assistance, original authorizations/vouchers from the sponsoring agency must be provided to the Student Accounts office at time of payment. If authorizations/vouchers from the sponsoring agency are used for multiple semesters, you must notify the Student Accounts office in person or by phone to apply the charges.
We currently accept online payments for curriculum and certain continuing education/workforce development (WFD) classes. Learn more about registering for WFD classes.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express, as well as Visa or MasterCard debit cards. You also have the option to make a one-time payment or set up a Student Payment Plan (curriculum students only).
Curriculum and Workforce Development Online Payment Options
- Log in to Self-Service
- Click on “Student Finance”
- Click on “Make a payment” link
- Select “Student Receivable Item” and “Choose a Payment Method”
- Select “Proceed to Payment”
Important: Please read before signing up for the Payment Plan
Your enrollment in the Payment Plan will continue until your account balance reaches zero or has a credit balance, which will occur once your financial aid is transmitted to your account. Aid is transmitted to your account shortly before the financial aid disbursement date.
When financial aid is initially posted to your account, it is in pending status and has not been transmitted even though it may reflect it in Self-Service.
Monthly Payment Information
The first business day of each month we notify the payment plan administrators of which accounts have been paid in full. At that time, they will not draft your account on the 5th of the month. If your account is cleared between the 1st and 5th of the month, the payment may still be drafted from your account. If this occurs and a credit balance is created on your account, we will provide a refund to you when we receive the payment from the payment plan administrators.
Note: All down payments are processed immediately.
We offer easy online enrollment, monthly payment plans, flexible payment options, and no interest. There is a $25 per semester non-refundable enrollment fee (ACH or credit/debit card). There will be a $30 fee if a payment is returned.
- Log in to Self-Service
- Click on "Student Finance" tab at the top
- Select “Payment Plan”
- Select “Proceed to Processor”
You can review our Payment Plan information here
Managing Your Payment Plan
- View your account balance and payments
- Update your banking or credit card information
- Update your demographic information (i.e., address and phone number)
Payment Plan Availability
Please be aware that the college may elect not to have the Payment Plan available during specific times and dates during registration.
Your financial aid is not considered earned until the Financial Aid office verifies attendance and requests for awards to be applied to your student account. Aid will not be applied to your account until the disbursement date published by the Financial Aid office. Any payments contracted with Nelnet to draft from your account will be posted on schedule. Once financial aid is actually applied to your account, the balance that Nelnet reflects will be adjusted.
Do not assume your balance will automatically be adjusted if financial aid is received or a class is dropped or added. You should review your agreement balance online through My FACTS Account or call our Student Accounts office at 252-638-7268 to confirm the change.
For information on refunds, please contact the Student Accounts office at 252-638-7268.
Returned Check Policy
We impose a service charge for checks that are returned. In addition to the fee, for a period of one year from the date of payment for the returned check, we will not accept a check as payment on the student’s account for which the check was originally written. The only forms of payment accepted during the penalty year are cash, certified funds, and credit card.
We do not redeposit returned checks. When the college receives a returned check, the check writer is notified by certified mail and given 10 calendar days to settle the debt by cash, certified funds, or credit card. Fifteen days from the letter, the check will be turned over for collections through Craven County District Court or other means available to the college.
If you know that a check is going to be returned and you come by the Student Accounts office and pay the amount of the check before the bank returns it, we will waive the fee and penalty. The check will be mailed to you once it is received from the bank.
Any unpaid student account balances will be turned over to a state-contracted agency and the N.C. Department of Revenue pursuant to N.C.G.S. 105A, the Set-off Debt Collection Act, for collection.
- A valid picture ID is required to pick up checks (driver’s license, military ID, student ID, employment ID, etc.)
- Checks are released to the payee only (not to the spouse, child, parent, friend, etc., unless they possess a current power of attorney for the payee)
- All financial aid distributions (Pell, SEOG, grants, and scholarships) and most curriculum student refunds will be sent directly to the student’s selected refund preference with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. You should verify that your address in the system is accurate so there is no delay in receiving funds. You can view our third party servicer contract for refund management and find more information about BankMobile Disbursements.
- Travel advance checks and travel reimbursement checks may be picked up at the cashier window during normal hours of operation. Advance checks are not mailed.