Our community is only as strong as its workforce. In the hopes of ensuring all citizens of Craven County have an opportunity to pursue a career in the trades, Craven Community College (Craven CC) is proud to provide the Volt Toolbelt Trust program.
The Volt Toolbelt Trust covers 100% of the registration costs for a credentialed workforce development program (56 hours or more and leads to a certification or licensure) at Craven CC.*
The Volt Toolbelt Trust provides opportunity in our community through:
- Debt-free education
- Job ready training
- Career counseling
- Resiliency and disaster preparedness
- Connections with local employers
The Volt Toolbelt Trust is made possible by grants provided by the Harold H. Bate Foundation and the Craven CC Foundation.
*Subject to funding availability and classroom capacity. Funding does not include costs associated with books and other course materials.
Not all programs offered at the Volt are covered by this program. Below is a complete list of 56-hour classes that are eligible for Volt Toolbelt Trust funding.
- NCCER Construction/Carpentry Levels 1 through 4
- NCCER HVAC Levels 1 through 4
- NCCER Electrical Levels 1 through 4
- NCCER Masonry Levels 1 through 4
- NCCER Plumbing Levels 1 through 4
- NCCER Welding Levels 1 through 3 (includes Havelock campus)
- Diesel Mechanic (Engines and Diesel Systems)
- Diesel Generator Service and Repair
- Marine Engine Repair
- 56-Hour Forklift
- Environmental and Safety Diploma Program/NCCER Worksite Safety
- House Keeping/Commercial Cleaning
- Solar/Photovoltaic Technician
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Pro Cooking Fundamentals
- Introduction to Hospitality Careers
The Volt Center, located near downtown New Bern, is our workforce development training center that offers hands-on learning in various trades. Here, you’ll find programs that are constantly evolving to meet the latest needs in our community. View all programs offered at the Volt Center.