We have three testing center locations on our New Bern, Havelock, and Cherry Point campuses. Each one offers a variety of standardized tests for credits or certifications that can help you progress in your education and your career. We also offer proctoring services, as well as placement and make-up testing opportunities for students.
Our goal at each location is to provide a secure and supportive testing environment. We are open to current and future students, as well as the public. To promote a productive testing atmosphere, we ask that test takers abide by the following:
- Testers must prove their identity by showing at least one valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license, before all testing sessions (some tests require two forms of ID)
- Testers may not bring children into the Testing Center or leave them unattended outside the test area
- Testers may not bring food or drinks into the Testing Center
- Testers will lock all personal items, including electronic devices, cell phones, watches, coats, purses, bags, and jackets in the secure storage area prior to entering the testing room
- Testing Centers have a limited number of lockers that can be used to secure your items; please leave unnecessary items secured in your car or at home
- Testers may not wear hats or hoods during testing (except religious head coverings)
- Testers may not use calculators on tests unless it is a calculator link built into the test or unless a proctor explicitly states they may
- Testers must use calculators and scratch paper provided by the Testing Center
- Testers will turn in proctor-issued paper, pencils, and calculators upon test completion
- If a tester needs ADA accommodations due to a disability, they should contact Disability Services prior to scheduling any testing appointments
Our Cherry Point location, in partnership with the Marine Corps Community Services Education Program, operates a National Testing Center (NTC) aboard MCAS Cherry Point Air Station, which offers convenient and cost-effective testing services to military personnel, family members, students, and civilians associated with the base. The NTC also provides online testing and, in most cases, the test results are received immediately and scores are transferred to the school of your choice free of charge.
There are a few requirements for military students testing at our Cherry Point location:
- Active duty students planning to take the CLEP exam can view instructions here
- Military students taking the CLEP or DSST exam should fill out the Test Registration Form for the respective exam
- Learn more about CLEP and DSST for military students
You can view essential test information here, including available tests, requirements, fees, restrictions, and more.
Book an Appointment
For New Bern appointments, please email or call 252-639-9306.
Testing Center Locations
New Bern Testing Center
800 College Court
Barker Hall, Second Floor
New Bern, NC 28562
Havelock Testing Center
305 Cunningham Boulevard
Redd Building, Room 131
Havelock, NC 28532
Cherry Point Testing Center
Building 4335, C Street
Jerry Marvel Training & Education Building
Havelock, NC 28532