Craven Community College is dedicated to providing an accessible learning environment to current and potential students. Accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis for individuals with disabilities who wish to be more successful in reaching their career and educational goals.

If you believe that disability-related issues have affected or may affect your academic progress, you may voluntarily supply documentation about the disability and its specific impact on your educational experiences. If you supply such documentation, we will keep it confidential and use it only as part of our efforts to increase access by individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) mandates.


Process for Receiving Accommodations

  1. When you begin at Craven CC, you will speak with an admissions advisor to enter a curriculum program, or to a member of the College & Career Readiness team when entering the GED or adult high school diploma program.
  2. At this initial meeting, you may request a Student Request for Accommodations Under the Americans with Disabilities Act Form or fill out the Electronic Student Request for Disability Accommodations (see above under Forms)
  3. This form must be filled out completely and sent or taken to the office of the ADA Coordinator in the Ward Hall, Room 108 on the New Bern campus. This form must be accompanied by documentation to support your request, such as a psychological evaluation, letter from a doctor, or other medical evidence not more than three years old. An Individual Educational Plan (IEP) from high school is not sufficient documentation.
  4. The Disability Services team will confirm that all documentation is complete and that you are qualified for services. If the documentation is complete, the ADA Coordinator will work with college contacts to provide the requested accommodations.
    • Director of Academic Support Center for curriculum students in New Bern – 252-638-7294
    • Director of College & Career Readiness for GED/AHSD in New Bern – 252-638-1587
    • Manager of Academic Support Center in Havelock for curriculum and College & Career Readiness students in Havelock – 252-444-0707

If the ADA Coordinator deems it necessary, the academic deans will be contacted and the student’s instructors will become involved in the process of determining the best way to provide access.

  • You will receive either a letter/email or telephone call from the contact person to set up an appointment to discuss your accommodation needs. An accommodation form will be completed by the ADA Coordinator and signed by you.
  • You will take the accommodation forms to your instructors. The instructor will sign the form, and the original will be returned to the ADA Coordinator.

Contact Information

Academic Support Services
Ward Hall, Room 108

Have questions?

We’re here to help.

Contact Us

Required fields are marked with an asterisk '*'.