Our Transition: LPN to ADN program has certain application requirements and deadlines.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited/registered high school or a recognized equivalency, such as a GED diploma. Official transcripts must be on file at Craven CC
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.50 GPA (not rounded). Craven CC GPA will be used if an applicant has completed 12 or more semester hours at Craven CC
- Be eligible to enroll in ENG 111, MAT 110, and BIO 163
- Complete a chemistry course in high school or college (CHM 090 or above) with a grade of C or higher
- Be a graduate from an approved Practical Nursing program
- Be a current LPN in North Carolina
- Complete all first semester ADN general education courses with a minimum grade of C before Spring 2021:
- ACA 111, 118, or 122 - College Success
- BIO 168 - Anatomy and Physiology I
- ENG 111 - Writing and Inquiry
- PSY 150 - General Psychology
CPR certification must be completed prior to entering the nursing program. The course must be an American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider. CPR courses are available on campus through Workforce Development as well as other sources in the community. Online courses do not meet the criteria. Documentation in the form of an AHA BLS certification card (usually emailed to you at completion of the class) must be presented. CPR certification must remain current while enrolled in the nursing program. Important: Students without current CPR certification will not be allowed in the clinical setting. Absences for delinquency in maintaining current CPR will not be excused, leading to release from the program. Students may reapply in accordance with the readmission policy.
This application is available from August 1 to September 30, 2021. Application steps include:
- Complete a general application to Craven Community College.
- You will receive a letter from the Admissions department with your Craven Community College student ID number and instructions for accessing your student email and Self Service, Craven’s student web portal.
- Follow the instructions that you receive in a return email from Admissions to confirm your intent to enroll.
- Complete the online Transition Nursing application.
- When an application packet is complete with the minimum requirements, the applicant will receive an email with instructions on how to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS), published by ATI Testing. The TEAS can only be taken one time during the application period. Minimum required benchmarks:
- Total Score: 65%
- Reading: 70%
- Math: 60%
- Science: 50%
- English: 50%
- TEAS registration information:
- TEAS information:
- More information about the TEAS Test can be found on the publisher’s website, ATI Testing.
Applications are evaluated and scored using the Transition: LPN to ADN Admission Rating Worksheet.