Our Transition: LPN to ADN program has certain application requirements and deadlines.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited/registered high school or a recognized equivalency, such as a GED diploma. Official transcripts must be on file at Craven CC
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.50 GPA (not rounded). Craven CC GPA will be used if an applicant has completed 12 or more semester hours at Craven CC
- Prior to the application deadline, applicants must meet the developmental requirements for the general education courses in the plan of the study
- Complete a chemistry course in high school or college (CHM 090 or above) with a grade of C or higher
- Be a graduate from an approved Practical Nursing program
- Be a current LPN in North Carolina
- Complete all first semester ADN general education courses with a minimum grade of C before Spring Semester:
- ACA 111, 118, or 122 - College Success
- BIO 168 - Anatomy and Physiology I
- ENG 111 - Writing and Inquiry
- PSY 150 - General Psychology
CPR certification must be completed prior to entering the nursing program. The course must be an American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider. CPR courses are available on campus through Workforce Development as well as other sources in the community. Online courses do not meet the criteria. Documentation in the form of an AHA BLS certification card (usually emailed to you at completion of the class) must be presented. CPR certification must remain current while enrolled in the nursing program. Important: Students without current CPR certification will not be allowed in the clinical setting. Absences for delinquency in maintaining current CPR will not be excused, leading to release from the program. Students may reapply in accordance with the readmission policy.
This application is available from September 1, 2023 to February 29, 2024. Application steps include:
- Complete a general application to Craven Community College.
- You will receive a letter from the Admissions department with your Craven Community College student ID number and instructions for accessing your student email and Self Service, Craven’s student web portal.
- Follow the instructions that you receive in a return email from Admissions to confirm your intent to enroll.
- Complete the online Transition Nursing application.
Transition Nursing Application
- Applicants are required to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS), published by ATI Testing, one time during the application period. It is the applicant’s responsibility to register, pay, and take the TEAS. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all minimum application requirements are met before taking the TEAS. If you are unsure if you meet these requirements, contact the Health Programs Admissions & Advising Coordinator at 252-639-2025 to confirm. Please submit your application in step #2 BEFORE registering to take the TEAS exam. Once you have submitted your application to the nursing program, you can register to take the TEAS by selecting the blue registration button below.
The TEAS can be taken ONCE during the application period. Minimum required benchmarks:
- Total Score: 65%
- Reading: 70%
- Math: 60%
- Science: 50%
- English: 50%