Are you looking for a short-term enrollment at Craven that helps you earn transfer college credits for another college or university? We have several options available if you want to earn college credits.

You are considered a visiting or special credit student if:

  • You are enrolled at another college and want to take courses with us that transfer back to your current institution
  • You need to take a few prerequisite courses to enter a program at another college or university
  • You are taking courses for personal interests

If any of these apply to you, follow the steps below to get started.

Step 1: Complete the Residency Determination (RDS) interview process. If you already have a Residency Certification Number, please ensure that the expiration date is after August 31 (fall semester), January 31 (spring semester), or May 31 (summer semester).

Step 2: Submit your application for admission to the college – view How to Create Your CFNC Account (video). When choosing the program of study or the major you are interested in pursuing, please select “Visiting Student Not Seeking a Degree at Craven CC – Special Credit.”

Step 3: Email your request to In your request, please include the course subject, section, and course number. You can find that information through the course catalog.

Step 4: Show proof of prerequisite. To waive any prerequisite requirements, you must provide a PDF copy of your official or unofficial college or high school transcripts, ACT, SAT, or approved placement test scores. For college-level classes, a grade of “C” or better is needed to waive the requirement. Please attach those documents to your initial email to expedite your request.

Step 5: If you are using VA benefits, please email your documentation to our VA Certifying Official. If you are requesting a consortium agreement from your home institution, please email our Financial Aid department with the request. Please be aware that you are still responsible for paying for class(es) up front with the agreement.

Note: While special credit students are not eligible to receive financial aid directly from us, scholarships may be available if the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is complete.

Interested in taking a tour of our campus? Fill out our Campus Tour Request Form.

Contact Information

New Bern Campus
Barker Hall

Havelock Campus
Redd Building

Have questions?

We’re here to help.

Contact Us

Required fields are marked with an asterisk '*'.