Our Academic Support Center (ASC) is a team of highly trained Craven CC students and staff that provide academic assistance to curriculum students enrolled in courses at all levels. We’re here to help you reach your academic, personal, social, and economic potential by supporting intellectual growth, connecting you with resources, and motivating you to become a lifelong learner.
Appointment scheduling is available to current students on Panther Portal.
What We Offer
- One-on-one tutoring sessions, online tutoring sessions, and embedded tutoring
- Student skills development (organization, time management, study skills, test taking, etc.)
- Study groups and workshops
- Writing and research assistance
- Technology support and troubleshooting
- Placement test preparation
- Computer use and printing
- Professional communication and academic resourcefulness (emailing instructors, contacting advisor, etc.)
Student Resources for Online Courses
If you’re taking online classes, the ASC can provide you with in-depth writing assistance. Our writing tutors deliver valuable suggestions regarding essays, research papers, resumes, and a wide variety of other documents. The ultimate goal is not to fix papers, but to empower you with the skills necessary for overall improvement of writing skills. Our tutors are permitted to offer generalized feedback but will not point out all grammatical errors or make actual corrections for you. The ASC also offers assistance through Smarthinking, an online tutoring and writing review service available 24/7. Students should contact the ASC for login information needed on the Smarthinking Login Page.
Student Help Desk
We offer technical support to all of our students. Learn more about the Student Help Desk.
For information about proctored distance learning, as well as make-up and placement testing, visit our Testing Centers page.
Fall and Spring
Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
ASC - New Bern Campus
Ward Hall, Room 100
ASC - Havelock Campus
Redd Building, Room 131