Do you want to work for an institution whose core values are diversity, integrity, learning, quality, respect, and trust? Craven Community College seeks individuals with a commitment to service.
Visit our various Job Opportunities pages to get started on your career with Craven CC:
You will find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values diversity and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding.
Applying for a Position
In order to ensure full consideration of your application, please follow the guidelines below when applying for a position:
- Your application must be completed in its entirety. “See Resume” will not be accepted in lieu of completion of the application. All degrees awarded, work history, and credentials should be included.
- Incomplete applications may be disqualified. Please complete each item thoroughly. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all required information and documents are provided. A completed packet includes the application, letter of interest, resume, and transcripts (if a degree is required for the position).
- List each employer and/or position separately. Be sure to include your duties for each position when you worked for one employer and held more than one position.
- As you describe your work history, make sure to focus on your competencies (knowledge, skills, and abilities) which demonstrate your qualifications for the position for which you are applying.
Staff Positions: Unofficial transcripts from every undergraduate or graduate institution from which you have earned a degree must be attached to your application prior to being considered for a position.
Faculty Positions: Unofficial transcripts from every undergraduate or graduate institution from which you have earned a degree and any non-degree transcripts appropriate to the subject area you plan to teach must be attached to your application.
Foreign Degrees: Transcripts from foreign institutions will not be considered. Foreign degree evaluations must be attached in lieu of transcripts for degrees earned outside the United States. Please contact Human Resources for approved companies.
- Unofficial transcripts may be photocopies of official transcripts or transcripts stamped “Issued to Student.”
- Copies of college diplomas or other grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts. Printouts from a college website may be accepted if they clearly indicate the name of the institution, name of the graduate, degree, and confer date.
- After you have been hired, you must request official transcripts or foreign degree evaluations and have them mailed directly from the issuing institution to Craven Community College’s Human Resources department.
- You have 30 days from your hire date to make transcripts or degree evaluations available to Human Resources.
- To qualify as official, transcripts should be “Issued to Craven Community College” or to any member of the Human Resources department. Transcripts may not read “Issued to Student.”
Student Employment Opportunities
For employment opportunities in the community, please visit our Community Job Board. For Federal Work Study positions, please contact the Financial Aid Office. These positions are not typically handled through the Human Resources department.
Vacancy Status Report
|English Faculty, New Bern Campus (9 months)||LAUT||5/17/22||6/10/22||Accepting Applications|
|Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Administration||Vice President for Administration||5/12/22||6/2/22||Accepting Applications|
|News Reporter - Public Radio East||Public Radio East||5/12/22||6/2/22||Accepting Applications|
|Student Services Coordinator||Havelock Campus||5/9/22||5/30/22||Accepting Applications|
|Early Childhood Faculty (9 months)||Career Programs||5/9/22||5/30/22||Accepting Applications|
|Welding Faculty (9 months)||Career Programs||5/9/22||5/30/22||Accepting Applications|
|Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Students||Vice President for Students||5/5/22||5/20/22||Accepting Applications|
|Administrative Assistant - Student Services PT/Reg||Student Services||5/4/22||5/20/22||Accepting Applications|
|Contracts Coordinator||Financial Services||5/2/22||5/23/22||Accepting Applications|
|Campus Life Coordinator||Student Services||5/2/22||5/20/22||Accepting Applications|
|Director of Community Workforce Readiness||Students||4/14/22||5/4/22||In Committee Review|
|CNC Machinist Faculty (12-months/Full-time)||Instruction||4/12/22||5/6/22||Level I Interviews|
|Administrative Assistant-Institutional Effectiveness (PT Reg)||Instruction||4/6/22||4/29/22||Level II Interviews|
|Automotive Systems Technology Faculty||Instruction||3/29/22||4/19/22||Level II Interviews|
|TRiO Success Coordinator||Academic Support||3/25/22||
|Level I Interviews|
|Testing Proctor (FT)||Academic Support||3/25/22||4/15/22||Level II Interviews|
|Veterans Affairs Coordinator||Student Services||3/24/22||4/14/22||Level II Interviews|
|Administrative Assistant-Technology Services (PT)||Administration||3/15/22||3/29/22||Position Filled|
|Biology Faculty (Havelock Campus)||Instruction||3/4/22||4/1/22||Level II Interviews|