Our Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) program has certain application requirements and deadlines.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Prior to the application deadline, applicants must meet the developmental requirements for the general education courses in the plan of the study
- Complete chemistry at the high school level or collegiate level with a C or better
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 unweighted (not rounded)
- Be a graduate of an accredited/registered high school or recognized equivalency, such as a GED diploma. Official transcripts must be on file at Craven CC
- Acceptance to the program based on current criteria
- Applicants will be required to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Test during the months of March, April, or May. Applicants will receive TEAS Test information from the Admissions Specialist once the application has been processed and all supporting documents are on file at Craven Community College. Information regarding the TEAS Test can be found at ATI Testing. Applicants must meet all five benchmarks:
- Total Score: 65%
- Reading: 50%
- Math: 60%
- Science: 60%
- English: 50%
Successful completion of all general education courses with a C or better and all PTA courses with a B or better in the required semester as identified by the PTA Plan of Study is required before PTA students may progress to the next semester.
Applications for Fall 2023 will be accepted February 1, 2023 through April 30, 2023. Application steps include:
- Complete a general application to Craven Community College.
- You will receive a letter from the Admissions Department with your Craven Community College student ID number and instructions for accessing your student email and Self Service, Craven’s student web portal
- Follow the instructions that you receive in a return email from Admissions to confirm your intent to enroll
- Complete the online Physical Therapist Assistant admission application.
Applications to the Physical Therapy Assistant program are evaluated and scored using the Physical Therapist Assistant Admission Rating Worksheet.
Please utilize the observation form to record and submit the required eight hours:
When an application packet is complete with the minimum requirements, the applicant will receive an email with instructions on how to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Test.