Our Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) program has certain application requirements and deadlines.
The application period for the Fall 2021 semester is now closed. Applications for Fall 2022 will open February 1, 2022. To qualify, an applicant must:
- Complete all developmental requirements to be eligible to take ENG 111, BIO 168, and MAT 110
- Complete chemistry at the high school level or collegiate level with a C or better
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 unweighted (not rounded)
- Be a graduate of an accredited/registered high school or recognized equivalency, such as a GED diploma. Official transcripts must be on file at Craven CC
- Acceptance to the program based on current criteria
- Applicants will be required to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Test during the months of March, April, or May. Applicants will receive TEAS Test information from the Admissions Specialist once the application has been processed and all supporting documents are on file at Craven Community College. Information regarding the TEAS Test can be found at ATI Testing. Applicants must meet all five benchmarks:
- Total Score: 65%
- Reading: 50%
- Math: 60%
- Science: 60%
- English: 50%
Successful completion of all general education courses with a C or better and all PTA courses with a B or better in the required semester as identified by the PTA Plan of Study is required before PTA students may progress to the next semester.
The application for the Fall 2021 semester is now closed. Applications for Fall 2022 will open February 1, 2022. Application steps include:
- Complete a general application to Craven Community College.
- You will receive a letter from the Admissions Department with your Craven Community College student ID number and instructions for accessing your student email and Self Service, Craven’s student web portal
- Follow the instructions that you receive in a return email from Admissions to confirm your intent to enroll
- Complete the online Physical Therapist Assistant admission application. The application will be available from February 1 – April 30, 2021.
Applications to the Physical Therapy Assistant program are evaluated and scored using the Physical Therapist Assistant Admission Rating Worksheet.
When an application packet is complete with the minimum requirements, the applicant will receive an email with instructions on how to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Test.
Applications are evaluated and scored using the Physical Therapist Assistant Admission Rating Worksheet.