Our Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program has certain application requirements and deadlines.
To join the next available nursing cohort, application timelines are as follows:
- Spring 2023 semester: Open Feb. 1 - May 31, 2022
- Fall 2023 semester: Open Oct. 1 - Dec. 16, 2022
Application steps include:
- Complete a general application to Craven Community College.
- You will receive a letter from the Admissions department with your Craven Community College student ID number and instructions for accessing your student email and Self Service, Craven’s student web portal
- Follow the instructions that you receive in a return email from Admissions to confirm your intent to enroll
- Complete the online Associate Degree Nursing application.
- Applicants are required to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS), published by ATI Testing, one time during the application period. It is the applicant’s responsibility to register, pay, and take the TEAS. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all minimum application requirements are met before taking the TEAS. If you are unsure if you meet these requirements, contact the Admissions Specialist for Health Programs at 252-639-2025 to confirm. Please submit your application in step #2 BEFORE registering to take the TEAS exam. Once you have submitted your application to the nursing program, you can register to take the TEAS by selecting the blue registration icon below.
The TEAS can only be taken one time during the application period. Minimum required benchmarks:
- Total Score: 65%
- Reading: 70%
- Math: 60%
- Science: 50%
- English: 50%
- TEAS registration information:
Register to take TEAS
- TEAS Registration Information
- Health Programs Testing Policy
- More information about the TEAS can be found on the publisher’s website, ATI Testing
- Applications are evaluated and scored using the Associate Degree Nursing Admission Rating Worksheet.
Below is a list of requirements for applicants to the ADN program.
- Possess a current unrestricted listing on the NC Registry as a Certified Nurse Aide I or above
- Complete all development requirements to be eligible to take ENG 111, BIO 163, and MAT 110
- Complete a chemistry course at high school or collegiate level with a C or better
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA (not rounded). Craven CC GPA will be used if an applicant has completed 12 or more semester hours at Craven CC
- Be a graduate of an accredited/registered high school or recognized equivalency, such as a GED diploma. Official transcripts must be on file at Craven CC
- CPR certification must be completed prior to entering the nursing program. The course must be an American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider. CPR courses are available on campus through Workforce Development as well as other sources in the community. Online courses do not meet the criteria. Documentation in the form of an AHA BLS certification card (usually emailed to you at completion of the class) must be presented. CPR certification must remain current while enrolled in the nursing program. Important: Students without current CPR certification will not be allowed in the clinical setting. Absences for delinquency in maintaining current CPR will not be excused, leading to release from the program. Students may reapply in accordance with the readmission policy.