Have you ever wanted to learn a new skill or participate in new and exciting experiences? The Community Enrichment Program (CEP) at Craven Community College may have exactly what you’re looking for!
The CEP provides a diverse array of non-credit, short-term, and affordable courses. Topics offered are based on community input and range in skill levels from beginner to advanced. Classes can take place in one session or span several weeks. They are held on Craven CC’s New Bern and Havelock campuses and in community locations and are open to anyone who wants to keep learning while having fun! Please note that CEP classes cannot be used for credit toward our degree programs.
Community members are encouraged to suggest new class topics and are welcome to speak to us about offering their own class in an area in which they excel. Topics usually fall under the categories of arts, crafts, music, language, recreation, wellness, kitchen/cuisine, home and garden, enrichment/special interests, money matters, and technology.
Winter 2023 Schedule
- Oil Painting for Beginners (Jan. 13 - Feb. 17)
- Conversational Spanish (Jan. 17 - Feb. 23)
- Intro to Sign Language (Jan. 19 - Feb. 23)
- Belly Dance Basics (Jan. 23 - Feb. 13)
- Mastering Your Retirement Years (Jan. 23 - Feb. 13)
- Preparing for Your Financial Future (Jan. 24 - March 7)
- Stuff It Cooking Class (Feb. 2 and 16)
- Help! My Dog is Making Me Crazy (Feb. 8)
- Basic Digital Photography (March 8 - April 26)
- Golfing for Beginners (March 18 - June 3)
- Boat Handling (April 22 - 30)