Our admissions department serves many different kinds of students with varying interests and goals. We’re here to help get you started on the right track and answer your questions about the application process, programs, financial aid, and much more. Check out our assortment of services and let us help you get on the road to academic success.

Visit Campus

If you would like to visit us in person or schedule a campus tour, we would love to see you. Walk-ins are welcome on our New Bern campus in Barker Hall and on our Havelock Campus in the Redd Building. We encourage prospective students to visit the campus and tour our wonderful facilities. Complete a Campus Tour Request Form to ensure that appropriate staff will be available to answer your questions.

Request a Virtual Meeting

Can’t make it to campus? No problem! You can request a virtual meeting, where advisors are prepared to answer your questions about admissions, advising, financial aid, or veterans affairs. Please contact us to request a meeting:

Admissions FAQ

Select your student type (New and Returning Students, High School Students, Visiting Students, or International Studentsfor detailed instructions on the application process.

No, you do not need to go through the application process. You can view a list of our Workforce Development classes and register directly on the class page.

No, there is no fee to apply to Craven Community College.

Placement tests are required for admission to some programs. You may be eligible to waive this requirement if you meet score requirements on the ACT or SAT, have taken placement tests at another college, or meet certain GPA and course requirements at a North Carolina public high school. To see if you are eligible to waive placement testing requirements, or to schedule your placement test, contact Admissions at 252-638-7430 or send an email.

Visit our Transcripts page for instructions.

You will need to submit your homeschool transcript with an official graduation date (including month, day, and year) in a sealed envelope. View our Transcripts page for details.

You will need to submit your GED transcript (not the diploma). Visit our Transcripts page for details.

Contact Information

New Bern Campus
Barker Hall

Havelock Campus
Redd Building

Have questions?

We’re here to help.

Contact Us

Required fields are marked with an asterisk '*'.