Our programs prepare students ages 16 and up to obtain their adult high school diploma or high school equivalency (GED® or HiSET®). Minors must have special paperwork to participate.
These programs provide instruction for improvement in reading, writing, math, and technology including workplace literacy and soft skills. Classes are offered in New Bern (morning and evening), Havelock (evenings only), and online (based upon placement scores). All CCR classes are offered at no charge, and most materials are provided.
Both programs do the following:
- Provide instruction for improvement in reading, writing, and math
- Offer classes at both the New Bern and Havelock campuses and other locations across Craven County
They are offered through our College & Career Readiness department.
Adult High School Diploma
- Complete remaining high school credits and earn the North Carolina Adult High School Diploma
- Must have sealed high school transcripts for evaluation
High School Equivalency (GED®/HiSET®)
- Earn a North Carolina High School Diploma Equivalency by passing the GED® four-part test (social studies, science, language, and math) or the HiSET® five-part test (social studies, science, language, math, and writing)
- Recognized by most colleges, government agencies, and employers
Your first step in our Adult High School or High School Equivalency (GED®/HiSET®) program begins with First Step classes. This is a mandatory four-day orientation and placement testing class which helps you better prepare for success.
Please call 252-638-7265 for information on First Step classes and registration. Testing and orientation must be completed before attending class.