Our Medical Assisting (MA) program has certain application requirements and deadlines.
Admission requirements into the MA program include the following:
- Prior to the application deadline, applicants must meet the developmental requirements for the general education courses in the plan of the study
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 unweighted (not rounded)
- Possess a high school diploma or GED (official transcripts must be on file at Craven CC)
- Acceptance to the program based on current criteria
Applications for the Fall 2023 semester will be accepted February 1, 2023 through June 30, 2023. Application steps include:
- Complete a general application to Craven Community College. Follow the instructions that you receive in a return email from Admissions to confirm your intent to enroll. You will receive a letter from the Admissions staff with your Craven Community College student ID number and instructions for accessing your student email and accessing Self Service, Craven’s student web portal.
- Complete the Medical Assisting online application
Medical Assisting Application
Applications are evaluated and scored using the Medical Assisting Admission Rating Worksheet.