Our Medical Assisting (MA) program has certain application requirements and deadlines.
Admission requirements into the MA program include the following:
- Prior to the application deadline, applicants must meet the developmental requirements for the general education courses in the plan of the study
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 unweighted (not rounded)
- Possess a high school diploma or GED (official transcripts must be on file at Craven CC)
- Acceptance to the program based on current criteria
Applications are available from February to the end of June each year. Accepted applicants will begin the program in August.
Application steps include:
- Complete a general application to Craven Community College. Follow the instructions that you receive in a return email from Admissions to confirm your intent to enroll. You will receive a letter from the Admissions staff with your Craven Community College student ID number and instructions for accessing your student email and accessing Self Service, Craven’s student web portal.
- Complete the Medical Assisting online application
Medical Assisting Application
Applications are evaluated and scored using the Medical Assisting Admission Rating Worksheet.