TRIO Student Support Services at Craven Community College is committed to creating and maintaining a supportive environment for low-income, first-generation, and disabled students. The program encourages academic excellence and integrity, student success, and an individual’s responsibility through leadership and services to increase retention and the graduation rates of its students.
TRIO is a 100% federally funded program meant to provide additional support and resources to students in their pursuit of higher education goals. The goal is to support students in their persistence and completion of a college degree/credentials and transfer to a four-year institution.
Services are free and include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Financial aid assistance
- Financial literacy information
- Academic advising and course selections
- Transfer support, including college and university campus visits
- Priority tutoring by the Academic Support Center
- College success and career planning
- Personal and professional development workshops
To apply, complete and submit the TRIO Application Form. Once submitted, you will be contacted by a member of the TRIO team to schedule an appointment.
TRIO - New Bern Campus
Ward Hall, Room 117
TRIO - Havelock Campus
Institute of Aeronautical Technology, Room 119