If you’ll be receiving financial aid, your payment will be sent by certain dates each semester. In addition, some of our programs have application deadlines and prerequisites that are required before you can enter the program. For example, our Esthetics Technology and most of our Health Programs require you to apply several months prior to the program start, and you must meet requirements before applying for two of our aviation programs.
We offer many different scholarships to help you pay for college. You can even apply for more than 90 scholarships with just one application on our scholarships page. Don’t forget to reapply for financial aid each academic year!
Financial Aid Census Date
The Financial Aid Census Date is the point at which a student’s enrollment status is “locked” for financial aid purposes. A student must register for all courses or make necessary adjustments for the semester prior to or during the drop/add period. For example, if a student registered full time at the beginning of the term and then dropped credits before the financial aid census date, the student’s financial aid is then revised to match their eligibility based on the number of credits enrolled in as of the Financial Aid Census Date and types of aid that were awarded. Credits added after the Financial Aid Census Date cannot be used to increase financial aid eligibility. This includes any 4- or 8-week accelerated course(s).
|Spring 2024||January 31, 2024|
|Summer 2024||May 30, 2024|
Important reminders for students receiving Financial Aid
- To ensure receipt of the maximum Pell Grant for which a student is eligible as well as avoid having to pay back Pell Grant funds already posted to the student’s account, students are strongly encouraged to finalize their course schedule no later than the Financial Aid Census Date.
- If the student increases or decreases their credit load before the census date, their financial aid may be adjusted, as appropriate, for their enrollment level. If the student’s financial aid is reduced and it creates a balance due on their student account, the student will be responsible for payment.
- If the student adds credits after the census date, the student’s financial aid will not be increased. Classes added after the Financial Aid Census Date will not be eligible to be counted for financial aid eligibility purposes. The student will be responsible for any additional charges not covered by his/her financial aid award as of the financial aid census date.
- The student’s financial aid may be affected if the student is taking courses that begin after the financial aid census date. For example, if the student is enrolled in a class that starts after the census date, the Federal Pell Grant and other financial aid funds will not be disbursed until after the course has started. If the student fails to begin attendance in all classes, the student’s financial aid will be reduced accordingly.
- If a student initially enrolls for the semester after the Financial Aid Census Date, the Census Date for that student will be the date of their initial enrollment. Therefore, students will want to maximize their aid eligibility by enrolling in all of the courses they are planning to take during the initial registration process.
The Financial Aid Office is not able to adjust all types of aid after the Census Date but will consider special situations. Students should contact the Financial Aid Office before adding courses after the Census Date that would affect their enrollment level.
Financial Aid Disbursement Schedule
If you’ll be receiving financial aid, your payment will be sent by certain dates each semester. Disbursement funds will only be paid for classes the students is actively attending. Financial Aid cannot pay for classes that have not yet started.
Please note that we can’t give refund and other financial information out over the phone. To receive refunds through BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution powered by BMTX, Inc., make sure Student Services has your correct address on file. After initial refund dates, refunds will be processed weekly. View our third-party servicer contract for refund management.
|Fall 2023||Processed By Date|
|Regular & A-Term||September 22, 2023|
|Flex-Term||October 20, 2023|
|B-Term||November 9, 2023|
|Spring 2024||Processed By Date|
|Regular & A-Term||February 16, 2024|
|Flex-Term||March 15, 2024|
|B-Term||April 4, 2024|
|Summer 2024||Processed By Date|
|Regular Term||June 21, 2024|
Bookstore Charge Dates
|Regular & A-Term||August 11-25, 2023|
|Flex-Term||September 19-27, 2023|
|B-Term||October 18-25, 2023|
|Regular & A-Term||January 3-16, 2024|
|Flex-Term||February 6-15, 2024|
|B-Term||March 7-15, 2024|
|Regular Term||May 15-28, 2024|
Please note: After the bookstore charge dates are closed, you must make other arrangements to purchase your books and supplies. No extensions or exceptions will be made.
Paying for Short-Term and Workforce Classes
If you’re in one of our short-term workforce development training classes, you are not eligible for traditional financial aid such as the FAFSA. However, we have several scholarship options that may partially or completely cover the cost of your class.