Craven Community College is reopening the application for the SECU "People Helping People" Foundation Scholarship. Students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be attending one of the 58 North Carolina Community Colleges
- Must be a United States citizen, a resident of North Carolina, and eligible for in-state tuition
- Must be an applicant or full-time student who is a high school graduate (or has completed the GED program, enrolled in an associate degree, diploma or certificate program)
- Must have demonstrated scholastic achievement with a 2.5 or higher unweighted GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must have demonstrated leadership, excellence of character, integrity and community involvement
- Must file FAFSA as part of the application
NOTE: Recipient cannot be a director, employee, or family member of a director or employee of the SECU or the SECU Foundation.
Please complete the application and submit an essay explaining how you have contributed to your community (community projects, mission work or volunteerism). Please give examples identifying type and length of service. Explain how these activities were significant opportunities for you.
Deadline to submit is Monday, July 18, 2022. Applications may be emailed to email@example.com
Questions should be directed to Lydia Finlayson in the Financial Aid office at 252-638-5964 or by email.