The Associate in Fine Arts (AFA): Music degree program is a great fit if you plan to go into a career involving music, or simply want to expand your craft as a musician. The AFA program focuses on continued training in music to enhance performance skills if you’re seeking competitive admission into bachelor’s degree programs, or if you want additional training in music for a present career without pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
Always make sure you meet regularly with an advisor to determine the best course of study for your program of interest.
The AFA: Music degree program serves as the foundation if you plan to complete your bachelor’s degree at a four-year institution or pursue careers in a number of areas, including:
- Audio editor
- Artistic director
- Church musician, music ministry, organist
- Communications (broadcaster, station manager, radio announcer)
- Conductor (band director, choir director, opera conductor)
- Music radio announcer
- Music theorist (composer, songwriter, arranger)
- Musical director
- Musicologist/music librarian
- Professional performing artist (singer, instrumentalist, etc.)
- Talent scout/agent
Plan of Study
The recommended course sequence for this program and a complete list of related classes are available in the Academic Catalog. Click the button below to view a copy of this plan of study, which is also available as a PDF.