Our Information Technology (IT) Cybersecurity Coding Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree program offers classes that explore specific technical paths in cybersecurity and coding that help prevent data breaches and cyberattacks. Emphasis is placed on security concepts, programming language, and ethical hacking.
It will also cover computer code basics, an essential skill needed for a successful career in computer science and security, as well as the top languages used by hackers. Understanding those programming languages gives cybersecurity professionals a better understanding of how to defend and counter attacks.
Upon graduation, you will qualify for employment in entry-level positions with businesses, educational systems, and governmental agencies that rely on computer systems to design and manage information. The program will incorporate the competencies of industry-recognized certification exams for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python Institute, Cisco, and others.
The Cybersecurity Coding program also offers diploma and certificate options.
Skills You’ll Learn
The Cybersecurity Coding program is focused on job-related skills in the following areas:
- Communicating professionally and thinking critically
- Analyze and solve problems, using algorithms to create computer programs and scripts, that support Information Technology systems with an emphasis on security
- Mastering programming logic principles, identifying security risks, and selecting appropriate hardware and software applications
- Understanding security principles including authentication, confidentiality, and access control to make systems less vulnerable to failures and attacks
There are many employment opportunities for Cybersecurity Coding graduates, including:
- Cybersecurity analyst/specialist
- Forensic computer analyst
- Cybersecurity programmer
Industry Certifications Available
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Cyber Secure Coder
- Python Application Development
- Python Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer
Plan of Study
The recommended course sequence for this program and a complete list of related classes are available in the Academic Catalog. Click the button below to view a copy of this plan of study, which is also available as a PDF.