Our Esthetics Technology certificate program will provide you with hands-on experience in the art of skin care, including electrical facials, basic facials, hair removal, and many custom facial principles. You will also learn about general health and wellness, cosmetics, basic dermatology, chemistry and anatomy. Coursework includes instruction in all phases of professional Esthetics Technology, business/human relations, product knowledge, and other related topics.
Upon graduation, you should be prepared to take the North Carolina Esthetic State Board Licensing Exam. If you pass the exam, you will be licensed and qualify for employment in beauty and cosmetic/skin care salons.
Our Esthetics Technology program also offers services to the public.
Skills You’ll Learn
The Esthetics program is focused on job-related skills in the following areas:
- Designing and restructuring hair and performing skin and nail care within a safe, sanitized, and multicultural environment
- Performing esthetic services in a safe, sanitized, and multicultural environment
- Recalling cosmetology and esthetics theory and clinical information to successfully complete the North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Arts Licensure Exam
- Demonstrating knowledge and understanding with regard to increasing sales and customer volume within a salon
There are many employment opportunities for Esthetics graduates, including:
- Beauty salons
- Day and resort spas
- Nursing and other residential care homes
- Platform Artist
- Skin Specialist
Plan of Study
The recommended course sequence for this program and a complete list of related classes are available in the Academic Catalog. Click the button below to view a copy of this plan of study, which is also available as a PDF.